"He missed you so much, Kendra. You couldn't imagine." Alex spoke as I admired Zack from a distance. I nodded and replied. 

"I missed him so much more. Believe me."

We stayed silent for a minute. 

"How's everyone else, though?" 

He nodded and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Good." He paused for a brief moment.  "Actually not really." 

My eyebrows scrunched together, looking at Alex waitiing for him to go on. 

"Everyone's been going crazy these past couple weeks. Ecspecially Zack, Cassadee and Mace. We didn't know where you went or what happened to you, Ken. Please never do this again, please." I could hear the pain in his voice. I looked at his begging eyes, and felt even more bad about myself. 

"I promise." I whispered. 

I didn't know what to say. I just stood there taking in everything Alex has just said. I turned to Zack, who was staring at me. He had a smile as we made eye contact. 

"Come here." Zack said, motioning me over. 

I patted Alex on the arm and smiled before hopping back into the truck. 

"Yeah?" 

"You alright? You looked upset." He said, patting the seat next to him. I adjusted myself so we sat like before. His body touching mine made me tingle. Even at a time like this Zack had the power to make me feel every way. 

"I'm fine." I shook my head, letting out a smile. I hoped that Zack didn't see that it was forced. 

"Kendra," He placed his hand on my back.  "What's wrong?" 

Dammit. I cursed to myself. How did he know? I was trying to make something up before we got cut off. I silently thanked the lady. 

"All done." The EMT informed us. She wiped her hands off and stood up, cleaning the tray. "Just be careful. Make sure to clean it and bandage it up." She smiled and patted both of us on the shoulder.  "Be careful, from now on." 

Zack smiled, trying to shoo her away. 

He turned his body, adjusting it so that it faced me more. He placed his hands around mine. 

"Kendra, tell me what's wrong? Did Alex say something?" 

"No, I don't know. I just feel so guilty for everything, Zack." 

He shut his eyes and breathed. He cupped his hands under my jaw. 

"Nothing is your fault. If anything this made me realize how much you mean to me. Yeah, you scared me. You scared all of us. We all wish this never happened, but it did. But you're okay, now. That's all that matters. Don't be so hard on yourself. Please. You hurt me when you hurt yourself, Kendra." 

His voice vibrated through me. His eyes looking deeply into mine, made me want to wrap myself around him. I wanted to place my lips on his, and never let go.

"Mamn, sir?" We heard a knock at the back of the truck, not letting me take advantage of the man infront of me. The cop at the end of the truck stood there, not letting me make my fantasies come true. 

"Yes?" Zack spoke up. 

"Could we speak, individually?" 

Zack nodded. "I'm not letting her out of my sight." 

The cop seemed to hesitate at first but motioned him over anyways. 

I sat there trying to hear what was going on, but they spoke too quietly. All I saw was Zack nodding and talking back. He held onto his bandaged arm. The cop frequently used his hands to talk. Zack interacting with the cop, made me feel guilty, again. Even after Zack had told me multiple times to stop badgering myself. 

He shook hands with the cop, before motioning myself  to step towards him. Zack smiled before stepping aside. He saw Alex and began to talk. 

"Mamn, are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I guess." 

"You guess? We seemed to gather information, correct me if I am wrong?" 

The cop began telling me everything about my life, it seemed like. He knew where I was from. How Shane and I knew each other. He knew what happened. He knew Zack and my Aunt and Robert. He knew what car I drove. He knew what car Shane drove. It was pretty mind blowing how much this cop knew about this situation.