Kendra

• Dedicated to TO EVERYONE. sorry for the long wait.

I stared at the familiar car. I gulped on my spit as I neared it. I heard Alex behind me and gasped.

"Dude, I can't believe it." He said, speechless.

I opened my mouth but no words seemed to escaped. I just nodded my head and looked through the window of her car. The beating of my heart rung up to my ears. My whole body turned weak as I rested my hand on her car, like an electrical spark ran up my arm.

A flash of memories filled my head. The way her eyes gleamed when she looked up at me. The way her hair fell onto her shoulders. The cute smile she'd flash me when I made an inappropriate joke. The way my skin tingled every time she touched me. The scent that would linger for days every time she'd hug me.

All my clothes had her permanent smell, which soothed me every time I picked a shirt out from my dresser.

I clutched my hand, pressing against the cool metal.

"Zack?" I heard Alex.

I turned my head and saw Alex, inching his way toward the entrance of the dungy apartment complex.

Alex's voice wasn't the only thing that caught my attention.  Behind Alex, we heard big thumps coming from inside the apartment.

My feet began walking toward the door. My heart was aching.

I prayed over and over, silently to myself, hoping Kendra was here and safe.

As I stepped closer and closer to the entrance, more thumps were heard.

"Please, God. Please." I whispered, quietly to myself.

I finally reached the dusty old entrance, that left my hand feeling dirty after I touched it. Alex and I entered the foyer. We looked to our left, seeing the bottom of staircases that lead us upstairs. As we looked to the right, there was stairs that went to the basement.

"Do you know which one it is?" Alex asked.

I shrugged, trying to remember if Riley had said anything. A wrinkle formed in between my eyebrows as I tried my hardest to think of anything Riley had said earlier. Word after word flew by my mind, but nothing. I don't recall anything Riley had said. He didn't even know where she was at. We just hunted this apartment complex down.

I shook my head, slowly.

"No." I said, barely above a whisper. 

Both of our heads snapped to our right, as a huge thump and a high pitch scream was heard.

"Kendra!" I yelled, as I darted towards the stairs to our right that lead to the basement. There was two doors on either side of me. One looked like an average door, just a little dirty. On the other side, there was a beaten in door that had dirty shoe marks on it.

I didn't even have to think, my body just reacted. I ran over to the grungy hand-printed door and kicked it in. Alex hot on my heels.

As the door swung open, my heart dropped.

*Kendra's POV*

Still,  I laid on the dirty pillow that permanently had my head structure engraved into it. I came to a point where I just wanted to give up. It's been too long since I've seen Zack, or heard from any human being for that matter.

I've been stuck in this apartment to drown slowly and painfully in my thoughts and sorrows.

I missed everything. I missed being able to take showers. Eat. Sit and watch television on comfy warm couches. I missed my Aunt and Robert. I missed Cassadee. I missed the band. I missed Zack.

I got up again to look out the window, this was my routine for the past couple of weeks. I knew I couldn't lay down in my sorrows forever. But I also knew that leaving this shit hole of an apartment wasn't really an interest to me. I would cry. Attempt to go to bed then cry and look out the window and repeat it all over again.

I looked out of the window, seeing the sun coming out. That was another thing I missed, the warmth of the hot sun. I turned around and sadness struck me, hard. Reality sunk in as I looked around the dirty, grimy apartment. This was my life now. It was nothing. I  had nothing.

Happiness was probably something I would never feel again. I hated this feeling.

I grabbed my old phone again. It was no use but it held all my memories. I scrolled again through the photos of myself and Aunt Macy, Cassadee, the band and Zack. I clicked on videos and began to watch them. A smile appeared on my face as the tears began to tip over the rims of my eyes. A huge knot filled in my chest, like my body had enough of all this. I don't even think my body had tears stored anymore.

I wasn't just emotionally tired, I was physically tired.

I didn't know how much longer I could keep sane here.

I knew I couldn't go back, not in a million years. Zack, Aunt Macy and everyone else were too important to me to introduce them into any harm, regardless who it was. I couldn't live with myself, especially if it was my fault. I dragged Shane into this entire thing, I wouldn't take the chance.