Not So Best Friend

"You alright?" I heard Zack next to me. He had a worried look on his face. I smiled and nodded. I jumped right when I heard the ringing coming from my phone. 

The name read, Shane. 

"I'll be right back." I told Zack. I ran up to my room and answered the phone.

"Shane?"

"Kendra! Don't hang up. Listen, can we talk. I know things are a bit wierd but I need to talk to you."

"Sure."

I heard Shane letting out a breath through the phone. "Okay, I'll be there in five." I heard the phone click. I went through my closet and took out a warm hoody. I slowly went downstairs. I saw Zack look up at me from the couch. His eyebrows slightly pushed together. 

"You sure your alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. Uh, I'll be back." I said, as I saw lights coming through the blinds. I walked into the cold night, seeing Shane stepping outside of his car. He leaned up against it, waiting for me to approach him. 

"Hey." He smiled. I greeted him back, awkwardly. I stood infront of him as his back was leant up on his car. It was dark outside but I still could see Shane. I could see the lights flickering in the house from the television. 

"Listen, Kendra. I'm sorry about what happened in the car." He spoke. His cold breath lingering in the air, causing smoke to come out of his mouth. I gave him a stern look and shook my head.

"Why'd you do it.."

He opened his mouth but closed it again. He started to look around the neighborhood.

"I think it's pretty obvious." He spoke softly, looking away from me. 

I tilted my head to the side. "I don't think it's that obvious, since I have no clue what you're talking about." 

His facial expression turned sour. "Are you serious right now, Kendra?"  

I nodded my head. I watched as he rolled his eyes. "Pfft.." He chuckled, pathetically.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, anger starting to build up. I never really seen this side of Shane. He only acted like a dick when something was 'really' bothering him. It only happened when girls he liked were involved. He never really took out his anger out on people, ecspecially me. Shane was really scary when he became angry too. He was, let's just say, abusive and physical. He never really stayed in relationships because of it. Although he's never hit a girl, he's definatley hurt them mentally and emotionally. There was moments where he would give people bruises. When Shane got angry, lots of punches were thrown at the wall. I always told him to get therapy but he always refused. 

He didn't say anything back, he just kept glaring at me.

"Seriously Shane, you're being such a dick right now." I spat out. He looked up at the dark sky and started to laugh. It was one of those 'dick' laughs that you do when your irritated with someone. He looked at me, still chuckling. I saw in his eyes that nothing was funny about this situation. He balled up his fists and struck the side of his car, leaving a dent. I jumped as I looked at the stranger in front of me. 

I wasn't going to lie, I was scared.  

I saw a light coming from behind Shane. I looked over his shoulder and saw Zack's figure in the doorway. I began to relax.

"Kendra?" I heard his distance voice coming from afar.

I saw Shane sneer at me. He turned around, looking at Zack. I saw his masculine sillohuette approach us. As he got near, I saw him better. He was just in jeans and a t-shirt.