Holding Kendra, smelling her smell made me forget where we were. It felt like it was just me and her. I could only hear her breathing and her heart beat. I could only hear her sobs. I could only feel her. I couldn't hear the sirens, the chatter of others. Holding her, being with her felt like paradise. 

"Sir, you need assistance." A lady tapped me on the shoulder, before pointing at my arm. 

Kendra and I just turned to her and walked into the back of the ambulance truck. Kendra sat attached to my hip, my good arm wrapped around her. 

"Ahh." I whispered before scrunching my face up, trying to block out the stinging pain coming from my arm. 

"Sorry." The lady said as she rubbed my arm with gauzes. 

"I'm sorry, Zack." Kendra spoke, looking at my arm and wincing. Her eyes were full of pain and hurt. 

I rubbed circles on her side with my thumb. I shook my head, leaning into her. 

"Kendra, please stop blaming yourself." I looked up at her. I tried being stern but looking at her face made me feel weak. She slightly nodded and placed her head on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Kendra." A voice said, suprising us. I held onto Kendra tighter, but loosened my grip seeing it was Alex. She jumped. I saw the smile appear on Kendra's face as she looked at me and patted my leg. I nodded and smiled. She got up and hopped down the truck and hugged Alex. 

"Alex!!" She said, sounding happy. 

"Don't ever run away from us again, you hear me." Alex said, hugging her. 

She laughed a little, which made my stomach flutter in all the right ways. 

"I'm sorry." 

"Kendra." I said, raising my eyebrows at her. She looked a little sad as I tried correcting her, but she didn't take it back. She was just as stubborn as she was before, but I chuckled to myself. I missed her. I missed her bad. Every tiny little thing she did, I missed. The bad and the good, even though there wasn't much I could think of that was bad, or even a flaw.

The lady was finishing up on my arm, as I sat admiring Kendra talking to Alex from a distance. 

"She's a lucky one." The lady spoke, making me snap out of my daze. 

I smiled and shook my head. "Nah, I am." I smiled looking back at Kendra. The sun shone down on her, making all the features defined. Her eyes sparkled as well as her smile. Everytime she smiled a little dimple poked at her cheek. 

"How long have you been together?" The lady asked me. 

I shook my head. "Not long actually." 

It was then, that question, that made me question myself. What was I doing? I love Kendra. Sitting here wasting time wasn't something I wanted. I wanted to make her mine. I never want to lose her. I wanted to let her know how I felt. I needed to be with her. I just didn't know how. Kendra is a special girl, and I wanted to let her know in a special way. I couldn't treat Kendra like any other girl, I wanted to make our moment special. 

**KENDRA's POV ****

Everything felt surreal. I stood here talking to Alex. 

Seeing Alex and Zack, just made everything better. But being able to actually hold them, and talk and interact with them made everything felt surreal. 

Alex just talked to me about never running away. He told me that if I had a problem that I needed to go to him and not do what I did. 

"Yeah, yeah Alex. I won't do it again, I promise."   I said.    "I just missed you!" I laughed and pulled him in again. 

"Okay, okay! I missed you too, Kendra." Alex said, hugging me back. 

It felt good to be held by someone you cared about. I felt so blessed to have friends like Alex and Zack and everyone back home. 

We pulled away. I just smiled looking up at him. 

"You didn't get hurt did you?" I asked, worry rushing over me. 

He shook his head.  "No, but Zack did." 

We both turned our head towards the back of the ambulance truck, seeing Zack talking to the EMT. He looked so handsome, better than before actually. If that was even possible. Guilt and worry washed throughout my body, knowing the person I cared about the most got hurt. I shook my head, hating myself a little.