Broken Wings

Preview Chapter

Faellon pulled off her shirt and headed to the closet. She was absolutely dreading the fact that she had to share a room with a male companion. Kanda had turned slighty to get something out of his nightstand, when he saw the scars on Faellon's back. "What are those?" He asked, trying to keep the anger he got from looking at the scars hidden. Faellon ignored him and started to pull on a nightshirt, not wanting to talk about her past. Not wanting to get kicked out of one of God's safe havens just because she fell from his grace like her 'brother' Lucifer. "Hey, I asked you a question!" Kanda said, this time more firmly and loud.

"And I ignored it because I'd really like to not talk about it. Unless you don't understand that term." Faellon snapped.

"Who did that to you?!" Kanda growled, not at her, but whoever gave her those scars.

"....God." Faellon whispered, looking at the floor sorrowly.

"Don't blame God for something that happened to you, Faellon!" Kanda yelled.

"I don't blame God! I blame his decisions! I fell from his grace, Kanda! Just like Lucifer did 200 millenia ago! I don't know what I did wrong, all I know is that once an angel's wings are ripped from them, they can never, ever get them back. No matter what, I can't my wings back. Because I did something wrong that made God hate me. Those scars are a result of me falling from his grace, Kanda." Faellon fell to her knees, holding her arms close to her. "So please....just drop it."

Kanda knelt next to Faellon, his eyes still a little wide from what she said. Then he did something he thought he'd mever do to anyone in his life, ever again. Kanda wrapped his arms around Faellon and laid his head on her shoulder. "....Alright. It won't come up again, I promise." He murmured in her ear.

"T...Thank you...Kanda." Faellon bit back the tears in her eyes as she laid her head down on his shoulder. "....Thank you."