TWENTY SEVEN

TWENTY SEVENs i m o n

TWENTY SEVEN
s i m o n

"So," Ethan begins after Dallas leaves, the entire group turning to face Simon. "You guys are back on talking terms then?"

"Yeah, we're fine," Simon replies, smiling goofily.

"Have you banged her yet?" Harry pipes up, craning his neck to catch Simon's reaction. "I bet you have."

"Nah," Cal adds in, looking to Harry. "I bet he hasn't even kissed her. She's way out of his league."

"No way, I reckon Simon could pull her," Lewis contributes, causing Simon to sigh.

"Guys, quit it. We're just friends." Simon looks down at his water bottle, screwing and unscrewing the lid. "She's going through a lot and I'm just being supportive."

"Alright, but I put a fiver on Simon banging her," JJ laughs, not taking it seriously. He was already digging through his pocket for money. "Anyone in?"

Simon sighs and runs a hand down his face.

When Harry pulls a crisp five pound note from his pocket and slaps it on the table, Simon looks at him in annoyance. "What the fuck, guys."

"What? If you don't do it I want to profit!" Harry defends, but he slides his money off the table and back into his pocket. Simon knew that they're just end up doing it later behind his back anyway.

"Right, ok."

"Come on," Cal says, standing up. "We should get going if we want to be on time."

"Yeah," Simon agrees, standing too, but he couldn't help but wonder if everything with Dallas was just too good to be true.

-

When Simon got home from after school football training that evening, he walked into his kitchen to find his Mum and Dallas talking over cups of tea at the table. That was what struck him first, but then her appearance sunk in. Her hair was in a bundle atop her head, messy and wild, and upon the bridge of her nose sat a pair of glasses, which he had never seen her wear before.

She smiles at him when he walks through the door. "Hey," She greets, her eyes smiling too. Seeing her sat there so comfortably made his smile bigger.

"Hi," Simon replies, dropping his bag at his feet and stepping over it to get a glass from the cupboard. "What're you doing here?"

"I came by to see you, but I forgot you had football today." Dallas almost looks embarrassed that she'd forgotten. "I was going to come back later, but your mum offered me tea and you know I can't resist a cup of tea and a gossip."

"Yes," Simon's Mum pipes up, as chirpy as ever. "Dallas has been telling me you're quite the gentleman!"

Simon almost drops the glass. Dallas smirks as she sips her tea, watching his cheeks grow red. "What?"

"She told me all about how you've been there for her," His mum continues, her cheeks blushing with pride.

Dallas sets the mug down and pushes her glasses up her nose. "I don't know what I'd do without him sometimes."

Simon is speechless. Instead of replying, he laughs and fills his glass up with water. Downing it in a few gulps, he puts it on the side.

"I'm just gonna head for a shower," Simon says, awkwardly gesturing to the door. "I'll be back down in ten?"

"Ok, see you then."

-