CHAPTER 1

I was walking down the hall it was my sophomore year. It was the second week of school and well it already sucked. But I can say that I made one friend on my first day but I'm pretty sure it is just because she is part of the welcome committee. Besides I was popular at my old school and to me she seemed a little bit like a loser.

My name is Elizabeth Smith but everyone calls me Liz. Me and my family had just moved to Greenville. My family is me, dad, and my 7 year-old sister Alice. Two years ago my mom just disappeared. Literally one morning we all woke up and she was just gone. But we don't really talk about it because I guess no one really wants to. Before we moved to Greenville we lived in Mystic Falls the most beautiful place in Georgia it was almost magical. But two months ago dad lost his job and we had to move. Which for me meant good bye private school and good bye popularity.

So here I am just walking down the hall and finally I see a girl that looks like she's popular and high status. I start toward her to talk to her but then. BAM!

"Look out loser!"

I fall to the floor. Hard. My stuff goes everywhere. Looking around books everywhere and people staring, pointing, laughing. This is it the end of my social life. At least for now. I just wanted my old life back. The fun popular one.

I arrive at the nurses office and introduce myself and tell her what happened.

"Oh you poor baby! Look you even tore your sweater! I am so sorry."

For the rest of time I was there she talked to me like a kinder gardener who had just scraped their knee. But at least it was good attention. As I leave the nurses room first period is just starting I head to my first class. French. Luckily for me it was easy because I was with juniors so that means none of them saw my little accident this morning. I was with the juniors because I knew a lot spending the whole summer in France two years ago.

But when I got to my next class it was much more different everyone saw what happened this morning and no one wanted to forget it. Finally the buzz had calmed when I felt something hit my leg. I looked over the side of my desk to see what it was. It was a note. A note for me. With my name on it. I opened it up and read it.

You may not be the most popular person at school and you may

think no one likes you but I think we should be friends. Meet me

in front of the library after school and maybe we can talk.

~A friend

I stopped. Shocked. This is perfect maybe this is the start of me climbing my way up the food chain. Maybe someday I can be queen bee again and this is the perfect start.