Chapter 8: A Stowaway's story.

Start from the beginning

Then Frodo stopped when he remembered something.

"But Gandalf, how can I come along on the adventure without Auntie Belle and the others seeing me in secret?" He asked.

"Well this is my plan..." Gandalf began as he gathered Fíli, Kíli and Frodo into a huddle and explained his plan on how they going to sneak Frodo out.

When everything was prepared and Gandalf walked Frodo back to his room after he said goodnight to the brothers and help him get out his traveling clothes and his rucksack to be reading when it's nearly sunrise.

After wards Frodo went back to bed and Gandalf left his room, promising he'll wake him when it was time.

*******

As promised Gandalf woke him up "Right we've got no time to lose, the rest of the company will be waking up soon." Gandalf said urgently. "You better get ready and go straight outside. Also leave this note in your bed; it will explain everything to whoever comes in here to find you gone." He instructed as he handed over the envelope and then left the room.

Frodo did as he was told he put his brown travelling clothes, his green woollen cloak, and his rucksack. Before he left the room and arranged his bed to make a dummy of himself asleep using his pillows and pyjamas and he left a letter just as he was instructed.

Now everything was set, and he went quietly out of the house to meet up with Gandalf and Fíli and Kíli with a couple of ponies, as Frodo heads straight towards them he hesitated for a moment looked back at the house with worry.

"What if Auntie Belle doesn't come along on this adventure?' Frodo thought troublingly 'What if she discovers the dummy in bed first?"

Gandalf noticed Frodo's face looked troubled.

"Is something wrong, Frodo?" He asked.

Frodo looked up at Gandalf and hesitantly he asked. "Gandalf what if Aunt Belle doesn't come and what will happen if she discovers that I'm gone?"

But Gandalf smiled tenderly at the Hobbit boy. "Don't you worry Frodo, your aunt will come. I'm sure of it and besides if she did find that you have gone then she'll come running to the company by then it will be too late to turn back." He said confidently.

Before Frodo could question him even further, they suddenly heard a noise that made turn their heads to the house; faint thuds of footsteps were coming from inside the house. The company have awoken and Frodo began to panic.

"Hide!" Gandalf muttered softly to Frodo in order as he looked towards the door to make sure Frodo wouldn't be seen.

"Quick, hide in here!" Kíli whispered to Frodo as he held out his saddlebag, Frodo quickly ran up to the dwarves. Fíli picked him up and carefully placed him inside the bag.

"You must be quiet!" Fíli commanded Frodo in a low voice, as he pulled over the flap of the saddlebag, not too tightly but just enough for Frodo to see what was going on...

The first dwarf to come out of the house was none other than their Uncle Thorin.

"You two are up early?" Thorin inquired the brothers when he noticed them already prepared to go.

"We just wanted to make sure that we got everything ready, Uncle." Fíli quickly interrupted while he and his little brother saddled up their ponies.

From inside the bag Frodo observed the dwarves that came out of Miss Baggins's house, and began their way towards the Green Dragon inn where they left the rest of the ponies.