Chapter Nine {Seth's POV} *Edited

Começar do início

Now, I had heard her speak before. It was a nice almost raspy kind of voice, soothing in a tidal wave kind of way, but I digress. Anyway, the difference here was that she actually spoke to me. In my wolf form, true but still she did speak to me. She even smiled at me. My heart was beating like a mad man and all my wolf kept screaming at me to do was mark and mate her. She was so fucking close to me that I could have done it but all I could think to do was avoid her gaze. Because if we locked eyes, she would feel the mating bond too and then we’d both be stuck in the want and needs of my wolf and my world.

I did all I could to help her. Sure I was a dick about it but I didn’t want her to like me. She needed to dislike me so she would stay away. After I left that stupid fucking bear came out of nowhere though and I was so out of it from my body’s trauma that my wolf took over and I shifted. Next thing I knew I was on her porch in my wolf form in massive amounts of pain from the burn of the healing. I barely even registered she was there until she touched me. It felt so nice that I actually let out a wolfie groan of satisfaction. Years of wanting her touch me and now that it was happening it felt…amazing. Tingles erupted over my body and it just felt too right to be wrong. Then she asked me what I was. Shit was I scared.

Of course my smart girl figured it out on her first guess but I was still scared she would reject me. Leave me broken and ruined in her fear. Oddly though she used her touch to reassure me. Then that clever little mate of mine shocked me again by asking me to shift into my human form. Of course I couldn’t deny her. I wanted to see her reaction to me. The me she could relate to instead of the bloody beast she had been cooing and petting.

So I did as she asked. I shifted, found some stashed jeans and came back out to watch my beauty look at me. Everything was almost in slow motion for me as her wide hazel eyes took me in. I was feeling like shit and probably looked like shit since I had dried blood everywhere not to mention exhausted from all the healing my body was doing. But I willed myself to pull it together. I had scared her enough.

When is stood before her I was ready for her to run for the hills. She seemed to be freaking out because her hazel eyes were shifting around like a mad person. So I silently waited for to collect her thoughts. Of course her voice, as stumbling as it was hit me with so much power my head shot up to gaze her. She was nervous but then she spoke and she made me laugh. God it hurt like a bitch but she sure was something. She said her name was Sylvie, a name I hadn't had the pleasure of knowing. My Sylvie could do the impossible. She could make me feel something other than the longing and depression. Then I touched her and holy shit was I unprepared for how insanely great that would feel. It was just her cheeks but it was her flesh and it shot tingles of the mating bond through my arms. Powerful shit.

Spending time with her was amazing. It felt normal at the kitchen table, eating like we were just a normal human couple. Like all the pack bullshit wasn’t happening. Of course, my curious little mate brought it up and that illusion was shattered. I wasn’t mad at her just disappointed that everything would always be…difficult for us.

Telling her about mates was surprisingly difficult. She seemed okay with the concept but I was shocked with how insecure she was and down on herself. She had always seemed so confident but there was telling me she didn’t deserve a soul mate. When In my mind my girl deserved the whole world. I really didn’t get it.

Then she brought up that prick who asked her out, Ethan. Thinking his name pissed me off. Sylvie was mine! Even if she didn’t believe in mates it didn’t make it any less true and the idea of her with some prick, especially that one, just made me want to rip his head off.

Of course the first kiss, my first kiss, our first kiss was like gasoline and a flame. Everything was on fire and it burned so good. Then the hard stuff came and she showed me the pain. The pain that held her back from trusting me. This wasn’t her world, that was true, but she still needed to trust me. I was hers and she was mine. Nothing should or could be hidden between us. Yet, despite my assurances she didn’t trust me. Fuck did it hurt, too. So I left.

Two miserably fucking days of misery. That’s all it took for me to come crawling back like a slave before their master. I wanted to be forgiven and taken into her embrace. I needed her to just be with me. Of course I was again annoyed to see how well she had taken the separation. Sure, I noticed how tired she looked but she still seemed…serene in her isolation. God, did it annoy me. Here I was in fucking agony and she was standing there eating grapes looking like a goddess.

Then she hit me with the date arrow right into my target heart. Date? Date? A SHITTY FUCKING DATE! I yelled at her. She was mine dammit! Then she cried and I was at her mercy yet again. I was practically numb with despair to see her sad before me. She was sad because I left her. I had to remember that she wasn’t as emotionally mature as me or even any other girl her age. Sylvie was a lone soul. A creature of the forest meant for fairytales.  So I let her go with me in tow, of course.

Newman, the piece of shit, broke any patience I had for the whole Ethan bullshit. As soon as I saw him touching her I was insane with rage. Ethan was one of them I realized with disdain. He was as much a Lycan as I was. Sylvie was like a Lycan magnet, I realized. Newman sensed my Alpha bloodline. That was why he backed down as quickly as he could. He probably sensed my new power as the new Beta too but it the dominance in my blood that truly made him fear.

Now we were back to Alek. Sure he was Alpha by law but in truth he knew I could take him. Of course Alek and me as well were shocked how well Sylvie could verbally spare with him. Alek was insane with power but he was usually quick on the tongue. But Sylvie could stump him. My clever perfect girl.

Alek’s visit scared her though and she turned to a bottle of Wild Turkey for solace. So there she was drunk with her head in my lap as I brushed my fingers though her thick copper colored hair, feeling how soft it fell from my fingers. Her breathing was deep and even as she fell asleep. Sylvie.

She didn’t trust me but she would. She needed time. She needed proof. I would give it to her. Shit, I’d give the world if she asked for it. Why? Because she was my mate and I loved her. My wolf agreed. He loved her too. She was just as much his as she was mine. We looked at her ivory colored shoulder and he pushed in my mind the need to mark her. No. We could wait.

"Mine." I whispered into the darkness.

 "Ours." Said my wolf.