Hopping on the highway I called a few people including my bestfriend Jayla, my favorite cousin Emon and a few others just to make sure everyone was still coming to my graduation.

Calling Emon first I talked to him for a minute and he told me how proud he was of me and he had a gift for me, we talked about what we planned on doing after graduation and he let me know he had plans on going to Michigan State for business.

After I hung up from Emon I called Jayla. "Bestfrieeeeend," she sang as she answered the phone and I laughed at her silliness. I talked to her for a minute about the usual; all the drama in our lives from work, family, and other relationships that were either platonic or spontaneous.

"Then the nigga had the nerve to tell me I was tripping," she said with an attitude as she told me about the latest argument her and her on again off again boo were having.

"Girl, y'all will be okay. I know Giovanni personally. He not on no shit," I said trying to calm my bestfriend's nerves before she lost her mind.

"You better tell your friends to stop playing with me before they both get fucked up in the process." I laughed at how serious she was but soon regretted it because I knew how sensitive she could be.

"Look Jay, you gotta trust Gio. He not that type of nigga just relax and go with the flow. It's no need for you to try and complicate shit if y'all vibing. In due time everything gone play out you just gotta be patient." I spoke offering her my best piece of advise as I pulled up into the lot of Cass Technical High School.

I found it real annoying at how they were having a rehearsal here when graduation would be hosted at Chene Park in about another four hours.

"Okay Nel, you just might be right. I'ma see you in a few." She said as she pulled herself together.

"Bye," I spoke before letting her end the call which was indicated by the Bluetooth of my car making a weird noise.

As I exited the car I made sure I had everything I needed. As I walked to the entrance of the auditorium I was stopped by some of the people in my classes asking to take a group photo. I scanned the faces and realized that I never really associated myself with any of them causing me to decline their offer.

After rehearsals was finally over I decided it was necessary to grab me something quick to eat because we still had another hour before the graduation ceremony started and I was starving. As I started to drive through downtown Detroit, I settled on Bucharest, the home of the best Shawarma's in town.

I quickly ate half of the shawarma as I continued my drive to the venue. When I figured I had eaten enough I drunk a bottle of water and popped a piece of gum in my mouth to get rid of the garlic taste that was lingering.

When I got out I noticed that families were starting to fill seats and I noticed a couple of aunts and grandparents of my own.

"Kevin Adams, Destiny Allen,..." I heard the first couple of names of our graduating class being called.

As the line began to move closer and closer to the stage I began to feel anxious as I anticipated receiving my diploma.

"... Mariah Quincy, Chanel Raegan," I finally heard my name being called and a roar of applause from the audience as I walked across stage shaking hands with faculty staff and taking possession of my diploma.

"That's my Baby!" I distinctly heard my mom yell and I looked out in the direction it came from seeing my grandmother pull her back down in her seat as tears streamed from her eyes.

"I did it," I exclaimed after the graduation was finally over and I was now seated with my family at Benihana's.

We had an entire section to ourselves because my two older brothers Cassius and Chase, older sister Celine, younger brothers Branden (BJ) Brayden and Bentley and baby sister Brea step brother lil Derrick, my bestfriend Jayla, Giovanni, favorite cousin Emon, his friend Amir and my boy bestfriend TeeJay and my God sisters Alina and Lisa all showed up. Only person that was missing was William.