Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

Still, I felt awful for lying, since we are intimate now. Being with me and Kyle as my best friend it would come out eventually. I didn’t have the heart to tell her yet, not on our first night together. I only hope that when it does (if it does) bite me in the ass, no blood is drawn.

Around lunch time my day improved when my phone rang with a call from Sonja.

“Hello beautiful,” I answered.

“Hey handsome, you said you’d call later. I thought I’d beat you to it,” I could hear the smile in her voice.

I chuckled. “How is your day going?” I asked sitting back in my desk chair.

“Hectic as usual, Terry’s been here all day and looks like we will be finalizing his account all the rest of the afternoon,” she huffed sounding a little exasperated.

“Well at least one account will be complete.”

“Yes then I have Cooper tomorrow,” she groans. I love the way she groans. I recalled her groaning in pleasure last night. I shifted in my chair.

“How is the other thing going? Stacy’s plan?”

“That is keeping me going, it’s quite entertaining. Suzanne is about to explode so I’ll probably have to put my two cents in soon,” her voice sounded apprehensive.

I know that is just because I didn’t want her to get involved. I grinded my teeth knowing it might have to be done to put the icing on the cake.

“Don’t worry Evan when I do have to flirt with Eddie it won’t mean anything.”

“I know, I just don’t like it or want him to get any ideas, I know the reasons.”

She giggles. “I called also because my mother emailed me about Thanksgiving and I wanted to invite you. I know it’s pretty soon to meet family, but I really don’t want to go by myself thisyear after everything, they drive me nuts,” she asked shyly.

“I’d be happy to go with you,” I smiled pleased with being able to spend a holiday with her. The idea of being able to meet her family pleased me even more as I thought she is taking me seriously and that it means maybe she plans to be with me a long time.

Another small fear of mine is that she wouldn’t see just how serious I am about being with her. I think it surprised me just as much the more I realized it.

“Great we can talk details later. Okay I got to go, Stacy is coming and he is going to try and grill me since I’ve had a smile on my face all day…thanks to you,” she giggled flirtatiously.

“Same here talk to you later.”

We hung up the phone and of course I am now grinning ear to ear.

Only wished she wouldn’t have to do the flirting with Eddie for the final stage as Stacy calls it for their little devious plot.

The time on my lunch went by too fast. I wasn’t looking forward to what Kyle might bring up during our meeting today. I know he is only concerned as my friend and colleague. I wish he could understand. I never felt surer about anyone before. I never felt this way about any other woman before…

“Dr. Jacobs, Mr. Jenkins is here,” my intercom buzzed.

“Thank you, send him back please,” I responded.

I stood at my fax machine sending the signed paperwork of Sonja’s completion to her lawyer as my office door opened.

“Hey Kyle,” I said pleasantly.