"Oh, it's quite alright, Dally. I'm content," I half lie, "and besides, you said there were some pretty sights to see anyways, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," he nods, "you hungry?"

"Yes, incredibly, and also in pain, do we have more Tylenol?"

"Yeah," Dallas nods and pulls into a small diner. "Well, hey, this one looks like the one back home." He parks the car and sits back. "Well, we've made it, Em. You're not disappointed, are you?"

"No, of course I'm not disappointed, baby." I say

"Baby?" He questions, "since when did you start calling me shit like baby?"

"Since right now, handsome." My smile widens. "We're such a good fit, aren't we? Like two puzzle pieces."

"Yeah, sure," he agrees lazily, freeing his hand and reaching into his pocket.

"Sure?" I ask, "What d'you mean, 'sure?'"

"I dunno, Em," Dal opens his door, "you're barely wild enough to be my girl. You like books and tea, you love stuffed animals and you call me daddy. You're fucking weird, Emily, and I don't know if that makes us a good fit." He takes out the Tylenol bottle and opens it.

I laugh, "come on, Dallas. We make a beautiful contrast. You're kind of not very nice and I'm nice-"

"-You nice? Emily, no, sweetheart, you're a bitch." Dal chuckles, handing me two pills.

"What?" I laugh again, "I am not! Anyways, you're like a bad boy and I'm a good girl." I collect enough spit in my mouth to down the medicine.

He laughs again, "Emily you didn't go to school for over three years. I don't think you are too much of a good girl."

"Well, at least I try! I do my homework and I wasn't the one smoking in a school hallway."

"Yeah, but you got caught with my lit cigarette, and now the teachers think you are a cancer-stick smoking slut because you gave me a blow job in the back of a classroom."

"You can't just let me have this one, Dal?" I laugh, "we are a good fit."

"Sure, doll," he gets out of the truck and I follow. I walk the lines in the cracked pavement and as I catch up to Dallas. I take his hand and look up at the red glowing sign that says: DINER.

Opening the glass door, Dallas lets me step in. I say thank you and peer around at the diner. The floor is a simple white tile and the walls are a clean red, littered with posters and signs above small booths. In front of us is a counter with stools pulled up to it, a few men sit there, conversing over cups of coffee.

A waitress with blonde hair tied into a pony tail and bright blue eyes walks up to us. "Just the two of you?" She asks.

"Yeah," Dallas responds.

"Follow me, please," she smiles at us, flashing two rows of pearly whites. Tucking a couple of menus under her arm, she leads us to a booth.

"Not very busy tonight, hm?" I ask, sitting down across from Dally.

"No, not very busy at all actually." She replies, laying the menus down. I read her name tag, it says: Kate. "A new restaurant just opened down the road and they've been stealing all of our business."

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that." I nod, "you're very pretty by the way." I smile when her face lights up and when the corners of her mouth turn upwards.

"Oh, thank you."

"You're welcome," I nod.

"What can I get you two anything to drink?" She asks.