Nicknames

OSWIN

I only woke up when I felt my hair biting my face and the light stung my eyes so it took me a moment to adapt. I was lying on the mattress so he had to move me.

Bucky was sitting in front of the entrance with a bent knee and his left arm over it.

-How long I slept? -I asked getting up.

-At least an hour. How is your leg?

I touched it with only my fingers, it was still stiff.

-It isn't over yet.

Bucky stood up and I tried to fix my hair with my hands because of the look he gave me.

-I found a crack on the wall with a number pad. I imagined you'd know the code.

-Really?

I wanted to get up on my own but Bucky insisted on taking care of me and led me to his finding.

He was right. In the corner of the freezer, there was a gap where barely fit a finger and I could feel the keys under my index finger. I entered the same sequence of the door and there was a small buzz under the mattress when the secret door was activated and Bucky went to investigate.

-Wait here -he ordered and I rolled my eyes.

He pushed the mattress and climbed down the ladder until disappeared from my sight.

-What did you find? -I asked but he didn't answer.

Seriously?

I stood leaning on one leg when Bucky found me and didn't seem so happy that I had ignored him. I didn't care.

-What's down there?

-Everything you need.

Unexpectedly, he turned around to kneel in front of me.

-What are you doing?

-You can't go downstairs with the leg like that.

I reserved any sarcastic commentary.

I put my arms around his shoulders until I could entwine my fingers and he holds me from the back of my knees carrying me like a backpack. I assumed that he would go down like a normal person but only jumped and landed like a cat and I could see nine monitors lighting the room cleaner and furnished that the one above.

Rigby had always been paranoid but hiding a secret room within a secret room crossed the line.

Bucky approached in silence and there was a tug on my leg as it relaxed letting me breathe.

-I think you can let me now.

He bent down to let me on my own and spun quickly, prepared if he needed to hold me but it was unnecessary.

I turned a little my ankle and jogged around my own axis, warming up the muscles.

-Ready -I smiled advancing to the station that Rigby had mounted and Bucky looking me like a weirdo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BUCKY

Oswin sat crossing her legs over the big chair and put the keyboard on her lap to begin writing at a blazing speed without ever looked down.

The image of Steve and Sam appeared instantly and then the video started playing. It was one of those old recordings from Captain America's golden years while she was working on something that I missed.

There was a small phone on the desk and she connected it to a USB to work looking for a man that I didn't recognise at the same time that tracked on the security cameras throughout the city.