TWSM • Chapter 13

[•••]

I couldn't get the mans' words out of my mind. I really wished he had wiped my memory this time but no I have to suffer through the loss of Trevor and the fact that he could have been evil this whole time.

Sitting in my room letting out a few sobs here and there I remained still not wanting to make a move or else my parents would know that I was home and most likely question the soft tears dropping from my eyes.

Tegan and Seb have been blowing up my phone nonstop but I couldn't bare to answer.

How did the 'Chief' know about Trevor and I's encounters? That was either because he'd been spying on us or he was right about Trevor killing Dayna and lying to me this whole time.

I couldn't wrap my head around the second option.

Re-picturing Trevor's lifeless body out on that stage gave me immediate shivers and made me wish none of this was real.

Sighing I flopped backwards on the bed and shut my eyes tight wanting to disappear.

What did he mean no one was quite like me? Why out of all people would he want to turn me into some assassin agent thing ma jing?

Suddenly a hand was placed over my mouth and my eyes flew open as my heart pounded hard against my chest almost leaving me breathless.

"Sssh!" My attacker hushed before removing their hands from my face and backing up a bit.

Before opening my eyes I was about to scream like a kid lost in a grocery store but something told me to just take a peek and when I did my ability to speak went out the window.

Standing in my room, muddy clothed and looking like he just got the snot beaten out of him was Trevor freakin Jackson.

"You're dead!" I yelped jumping to the far end of my bed to make sure I wasn't in a episode of The Walking Dead.

Where was Rick Grimes when you needed him?

"Listen!" He whisper shouted back. "I'm supposed to be!"

"Did you kill Dayna?" I asked ignoring his plea.

Shaking his head he inched towards me but I immediately put my hands up in defensive mode.

"You let him get in your head?" Trevor said sounding upset and displeased at me. "You trust him over me?"

"Who are you?" I blurted. "All this time I've been trusting you and I don't know you Trevor, only the things you've told me and I don't know of those things are even true!"

"And you trust him? The Chief?" Trevor exclaimed his anger getting the best of him.

"That's just it, I don't trust anyone and it's driving me insane!" I yelled not caring if my mother stormed up the stairs or not.

We both stared at each other in silence.

Of course I was glas he was alive and everything in me wanted to hold him and protect him and ask him how he escaped but I couldn't bring myself to do any of those things know there's a possibility he might have killed my only sister.

My phone broke our silence as in rang in the darkness. The phone screen lighting up to reveal Seb calling for the 10 thousandth time.

"Zendaya I haven't gave you a reason to not trust me," His eyes begged.

"You haven't gave me a reason to trust you either," I explained calmly hoping he'd understand.

"Please don't tell me you're working for them Zendaya, please,"