chapter ten

"Valentina, slow down, what's wrong? Why do you need me to come get you?" you spoke clearly and slowly to try and calm her down.

After a while and only silence coming through the line, you opened your mouth to try to talk to her again and that's when you heard her sobs. You closed your mouth and tried to listen to her instead. She was crying in a way that sounded as if she needed to keep quiet.

You listened closely to every noise that came out of your phone, you tried to listen for any background noise too to work out where she was, but there didn't seem to be any.

Then suddenly, a blood-curling scream sounded through your phone and you violently pulled it away from your ear in shock, before quickly moving it back to your ear to hear anything else. The scream was followed by even more crying coming from Valentina, although this time it was much louder and it sounded as if it was more out of fear.

"Stop!" Valentina yelled before the sound that signified that the call had been dropped resonated through your phone's speaker. You continued listening to grasp onto any hint of her, but you knew that she was gone.

Your heart rate quickened and you began breathing heavily. Horrible thoughts of things that could have happened to Valentina flooded your mind. It was scary just thinking about it. You thought about how she could have been kidnapped, possibly raped or even was about to get murdered.

You tried your absolute best to push the thoughts down but they were filling into your mind and pushing all of your sense out. Your vision was blurry and you could barely breathe, you couldn't stop worrying about Valentina. It was like you were having a panic attack.

That's when Simon came to your rescue.

You saw him blurrily out of the corner of your eye, sprinting out of the cafe to immediately be by your side. He looked like he didn't quite know what to do with you, but he tried his best by pulling you into a warm embrace. Suddenly, reality kicked back in and the sense that was left in you was fighting all of the bad thoughts out of your head.

You felt Simon stroking your hair lightly and holding onto you tight. He wasn't talking but just his presence was helping you out a bunch. Your breathing and heart rate slowed back down to normal and a wave of sensibility rushed over you.

"Oh my god..." you whispered into Simon's chest. Immediately he pulled out of the hug and placed his hands tightly on both of your shoulders. He was staring at you with a concerned expression on his face.

"What? [y/n] what was that phone call about? What's wrong?" he rambled out random questions to try and find out what was wrong with you. All you could do was stare at him back in utter disbelief.

Your new best friend was in extreme danger and you had no idea how to help her. You could have called the police but it just didn't seem right, she needed help now and she had called you for it. You needed to come through and rescue her.

"Simon my friend's in danger. She called me and told me to come find her and then I heard her scream and yell 'stop' at someone." you announced clearly so he could understand you before gasping "She told me... she told me the night before that she was going out!"

"What [y/n]?" Simon said, his expression now had turned angry and he was staring at you as if you had done something wrong.

"Whoever she was, she's not a very good friend." he mumbled, looking at you as if he pitied you but was also mad at you.

"What do you mean? She's in danger I need to leave... do you have a car? Can you drive me?" words jumbled aimlessly out of your mouth. You had just remembered where Valentina had said she was going, it was a date and you remember that she was excited about it because you were both going on dates on the same day.

"[y/n]!" Simon basically screamed at you, which caused you to jump back slightly in fear "Don't you get it? She's obviously playing a prank on you!"

You tried to comprehend what he was saying but it just didn't make any sense. You were an extremely talented drama student, you would have been able to tell if she was just acting. You tried to think that maybe he was right, but every time you thought about it, her cries and sobs sounded in your head and you just knew that she was in danger.

The more you thought about it, the more angry you got. How could Simon be so inconsiderate to not even trust what you said about her being in danger? He hadn't heard what she had sounded like on the phone. She had sounded completely broken and in absolute horror of whoever, or whatever was terrorising her.

Simon had pulled you in by being nice to you and then thrown you under the bus multiple times and you had had enough

You don't know what had made you do it but you turned around, pulled from Simon's grasp and marched away as fast as possible. Valentina needed you, and you were not going to let her down.