chapter eight

So it was settled, you were going on a date with the cute boy from drama tonight. You were excited, but for some reason, it just didn't feel right.

Valentina was more excited than you were, to be honest. She had been talking to you about it all week, asking if you were excited and what you were going to wear. Every time she asked, though, you would just brush it off as if it weren't even a date. You sort of wished it wasn't.

Vikk seemed like a nice guy. The sort of nice guy that would be one of your closest friends, not your boyfriend. Maybe that's why it didn't seem right, you didn't want to go out with him, just be friends.

Also because you thought you might have another guy in mind.

You were laying on your dorm bed when Valentina entered the room. You saw her out of the corner of your eye placing down her bag and then sitting down on her bed. She was looking at you eagerly, but you didn't really want to look at her back since you knew what she was going to talk about.

"So...?" she asked. You flicked your gaze over to her for a second before looking back at your phone.

"So what?" you replied in a bored tone.

"So what? You know what I'm talking about [y/n]!"

"Yeah, but I don't really want to talk about what you're talking about! I've told you so many times, it's not a date!"

Valentina sighed annoyedly before walking out of the room and into the ensuite.

////

Vikk had texted you saying that he was waiting outside so you left your dorm and began to walk out of campus. You were wearing a black skater dress with a fluffy cream cardigan. You and Vikk were only going to see a movie, it wasn't really a formal event.

As you exited your dorm block you headed down the path to the entrance of the university. It was dark but the campus was well-lit and there were a bunch of people out, so you felt safe walking at night. Your dorm block wasn't far from the entrance so you got there quite quickly and didn't leave Vikk waiting for too long.

As you reached the entrance you looked up and down the drop-off/pick-up area for any sign of Vikk and you spotted him a little way down the path. He was leant on the side of his Aston Martin, it was a really nice car and you wondered how he had enough money to afford it. He was holding his phone with one hand and had his other hand in the pocket of his jeans.

Vikk looked up at you as you walked closer, you guessed the sound of your heels probably got his attention. He smiled you genuinely before pulling you into a warm embrace.

"Hi Vikk, nice car!" you said to him happily. Your voice shook because it was freezing cold outside, you probably should have dressed for the weather better.

"Hey, thanks [y/n]!" he replied with an excited expression before it turned to a concerned one "Are you cold?"

"Yeah a little bit, but I'll be fine when we get there."

"Okay, well hop in we'll get going."

Vikk opened the door for you and you entered into the car. It was just as cool on the inside as the outside, you wondered again about how he could afford this. Maybe his family were wealthy? You made a mental note to ask him about it later.

It was only a short distance to the closest cinema since the university was only a little bit away from the outskirts of London, so you arrived there in only a matter of minutes. When you arrived you gasped because Vikk had taken you to a drive-in cinema.

"I didn't know that there were any of these left in London!" you breathed, smiling brightly. You hadn't been to a drive-in cinema for years, it was a real blast from the past.

"This is one of the last ones still open in the whole of England!" he said while grinning widely at you and placing his hand on the console of his car.

You looked down at his hand before placing yours on top of his and intertwining your fingers. He turned his head to smile at you and you smiled back.

"Thank you so much for taking me here Vikk... What are we watching?"

He pointed towards a poster on the wall you were driving past which read '50 First Dates'.

You looked back at him after reading it with a smile.

After Vikk had bought tickets and entered the theatre, he drove into a spot and stopped the car.

"I brought snacks!" Vikk blurted out, gesturing to the back of his car nervously.

"I love snacks!" you replied happily "What'd you bring?"

You gasped as he reached into the back of his car to pull out three bags of chips, jolly ranchers and various other junk food items.

"Well..." he started "I didn't know what you liked so I kinda just got everything..."

This was going to be a good date.

////

After many laughs and maybe a couple tears, the movie was over and so was the date. Vikk began driving you back to university when you spoke up.

"Vikk you remind me so much of my friend Josh. You guys should meet each other, I'm sure you'd get on really well!"

"Josh who? What's his last name?"

"Bradley..." you said and Vikk's expression grew into a surprised one.

"Josh Bradley?" he asked and you nodded vigorously "He's one of my best friends!"