Aqua's Story

A-N- K, so I was looking over my old book, The Death Games, reading the comments and my writing, (which has grown since then) andI thought that I will do the second book. Hope you like it, and Aqua is played by Taylor Swift because this is what I though of her as :) And I'm going to try to make it so that you don't need to read TDG before this :)

___________________________

     "Mum! Did that really happen to you?" My 4 year old little brother Noah gasps. I pull my legs up to my chin and wrap my arms around them. I smile, how oblivious my brother is to the actual concept of the Hunger Games.

     I remember the day when the deceased president, President Snow, passed away. Former president, Gale, dropped out, mostly of stress build up. So Snow's sister took control of Panem. Aliza Snow. The cold hearted women who restarted the Hunger Games immediately when she was granted President. When districts got the memo of the Hunger Games, caos happened. Suicide rates in Panem rose. People collapsing in stress, worried about their children being entered into the games. Mum and Dad weren't surprised at all. They were shocked. Mum fell into a lump crying the first time they announced. Dad fled the house, I remember looking out the window to see my sad dad sitting near the shore of the water, trying to calm himself. Mum was on the ground, while little Noah passing her the phone. She clicked in the phone number and lifted her shaky arm to her ear.

     "C-C-C-Carol...the huh-huh-hunger games has ret-t-turned." Mum cries to her best friend. I walk outside, confused, I was 14 then, the Hunger Games has been just starting then. Now this time, it's the 2nd year. Or, the  In school, the teachers never told us anything about the hunger games.

     "Hello?" I say, opening the door to the neighbors, the Skye family.

     "CeCe!" Carol yells.

     "No Carol! It's me, Aqua!" I yell back. I been here plenty of times, for my 11th birthday I got a key to their house. I knew it would be open, mostly is.

     "Sorry Aqua! I'm going to head out now to your place and help out your dear mother. Colt is upstairs. See ya hun!" Carol smiles, closing her front door. I walk down the hallway of the house andrun up the blue carpet stairs to see my childhood best friend, Colt.

     "Colt!" I yell. Colt turns his head fast and a smile turns on his face. Then it fades. He was confused of my happiness, the day before the reaping. That was the 98th Hunger Games. Last year was the 99th. This year the Quarter Quell, 100th Hunger Games. Even though they never had the Hunger Games for an entire 100 years, they counted the years they didn't have it, just so they can reach the Quarter Quell. Disgusting.

     That memory is implanted in my brain. Noah is staring at my mother, hungrly looking for more information about the Hunger Games. Her Games. The year she won. Thats when she met my father and soon enough, they had two children, Noah and I.

     "Noah, it's an hour past your bed time! Bed. Now." Mum scolds. Noah giggles and runs into bed. Mum gives me a kiss on my head and follows my brother into bed. Dad is out working on the dock until midnight, so me and mum are usually talking or painting until 11:30. Then before dad gets home I get ready for bed, and pretend to sleep. I think Dad is catching onto our trick but he never says anything about it.

     "INCOMING NEW FROM THE CAPITOL!" A robotic voice says from our turned off television. It was off, until now.

     "MUM! CAPITOL NEWS!" I yell to my mother, footsteps are running in the hall anf my mom sits down next to me.

     "Ooou! Hello Panem! I hope you know, the fourth Quarter Quell is coming! And we have the details for you right here!" Effie giggles on the television. Yeah... Effie is now announcer for the Capitol. Things have changed.

     "Hello Panem. This twist for the Quarter Quell is... only the victors children will get the glory again for their family, but whatever gender is picked, the closest person to you comes in with you! Victor Child or Not a Victor Child! Mmmh? Don't like it? Well, then we have a celebrity from the Capitol coming along in! The Capitol residents will vote on Panem celebrities out of the following five,

1. Troy McKnight: District 2

2. Metal Robot: District 3

3. Dime Cents: District 8

4. Lady WoW: Capitol

5. Magma Ice: District 12

     All you have to do is tell us your pick and the one with most votes, is dropped into the arena! Don't like that either? Well, suck it up." President Aliza Snow calls. I stop breathing and take everything in. If I'm reaped... I would be forced to bring Colt with me.

     "Also, for all that are eligible, the reaping will be held tomorrow! Good Luck." Aliza adds, then our screen turning black.

    "Mum... that means if I'm drawn..." I start to say, not finishing the sentence.

     "Colt is coming in with you..." My mum finishes.

      Damn.

_______________________

     Aha! Here is chapter one! And for the voting.... YOU comment what your pick will be. 

Hope you liked it :)

Cover for Aqua's Story is made by me <3