Chapter 11

Reporter Pov:

"We have new update on the disappearance of Bryan Cain. He was declared dead this morning. His body was found in the nearby loading docks. The cause of death is unknown but police report that it was intentional. More information about this tragedy will be televised at nine." I paused. Brad signaled me. I nodded. "Breaking news." I said. I read off of the signs he was holding. "A horrific car crash has just occurred on Tenth street. Both cars are still at the scene, but all signs of human life are gone. Police are still investigating the situation. With any information about the crash, please call the stations hotline."

Versia's Pov:

I opened my eyes. I sat up. The room was dark. And it was all concrete from what I could tell. My head was pounding and my body ached, but I couldn't tell if anything was actually broken.

"Where am I?" I mumbled. I stood up. My ankle began to burn as I applied my weight to it. I yelped a little, but I continued to stand.

I walked around the room searching for some way out. I found a door handle and began pulling on it. Locked. I kept walking around the room, but I found nothing. Slid down the wall and cried.

"I'm never getting out of here." I whimpered.

"I'm glad you're finally going to accept your fate." I looked I've toward the door.

"Justin." I spat.

"Oh, sweet Paige, or is it Christy. Oh wait you changed it again? Versia?" He smirked.

"Let me go, you've got no reason to keep me here."

"Oh, but I do." He pushed a button and a small Tv in the corner turned on. It was Cody, he was lying on the floor. His face bartered and bruised. "Or maybe this one." He clicked another button. Bella appeared on the screen. She was crying out in pain. She was pleading for her life. "Someone should have taken her to the hospital, but I had to take her ambulance. What a shame." He clicked the button and turned the Tv off.

"Let then go. They've done nothing wrong!"

"No, Versia. They have messed up. Bella's been helping you get away from me all these years. She's been keeping us apart. I believe a good punishment is." He paused and gave me a sinister smile. "Death."

"No!" I shrieked.

He ignored me, "and as for Cody, well..." he clicked on the Tv again. Pictures of me and Cody walking around the campus appeared. Next were photos of us in his car together. Laughing and smiling. The last photos were of him putting his arms around my waist.

I bit my lip. "Justin, he's nothing more than a friend."

Justin smirked. "Just a friend. Okay. Well he can be a dead friend."

Justin walked over to me and grabbed my throat. "Did you really think you could just get away? Every encounter we have had over these years. Have they taught you nothing? You're worthless Versia! And if I can't have you then no one can!" He looked down at his watch. "Maybe this will show you what I'm capable of." He changed the Tv to the local news station.

The reporter smiled. "Welcome to Kv at Nine. Tonight we'll be covering the murder of Bryan Cain, and the ghost like car crash."

"You k...killed h...h..him." I trembled as I backed away from him.

"We didn't have a choice. He wasn't.... cooperating." A sly smile crossed his face. "So Versia, listen closely. If you want your friends to live you do what I say."

I crossed my arms. "Fine, what do you want?"

He smiled. "To watch you burn."

I felts a cold liquid run down my back. I looked up and saw someone pouring a liquid on me.

Justin reached in his pockets and pulled out a box of matches. He struck one against the box, "She loves me," he put the match out. He got another one out and struck it against the box again, "She loves me not, what a shame. Her mistake."

He grinned and threw the match in the room and slammed the door.

The room burst into flames. I ran to the opposite side of the room where the fire wasn't burning. The room was mostly lit now and I could see better. The smoke was bellowing.

"Help! Someone! Help Me!" I yelled pushing my self against the wall. Stay Calm I told myself. I had to keep in as much oxygen as possible. I looked around the room. There had to be a way out.

A vent! I slowly walked as close to the wall as I could get. One wrong step and I would go up in flames. I kept pushing myself further and further to the corner of the room.

I reached the vent. I grabbed it and it fell right to the floor. I climbed into the tunnel and began to crawl to the next grate.