Chapter 1

I stood in the small corner of the large throne room my mate and husband's family had installed for the Dark Lord, Voldemort. Not many paid much attention me, almost all of them new I could not stray far from my husband and very few had the balls to strike at the Infamous Malfoy neè Snape I had become. Clad in dark amusing clothing and a black cloak to match, not many could see me anyhow. I am aware we are only fifteen, but Lucius wanted Draco and I to see the way the meetings rolled and wanted us to be ready for when we joined. I had laughed at him and told him I wasn't joining anything but the mothers league. That was actually how he and the family found out I was with child.

"Maria, come join your father for punishment." Voldemort's  hissy tone called me from my reverie. Huffing a sigh, I allowed my hood to drop from above my royal purple dyed, wavey, mid back hair. Smiling a vicious smile that promised retribution, I allowed my black leather clad legs to walk forward, my black lace up knee high boots clicking away at the ground below me. "It seems you have not gotten the memo, my dear Lord Voldemort." I spoke in my fancy southern tone, yes that exists. Gliding forward, I allowed my cloak to fall from my shoulders to show my black and grey skull Tee along with my showing baby bump. My cloak fell in a pool on the floor now ten steps from where I am now. Standing in front of Voldemort, I straighted myself to my full height, all five feet and four inches of me.....So scary.

Smiling my evil smile, I spoke calmly. "Voldemort, huh? Vol de mort, Flight from death, Latin, or is that French?" My head tilted to the left in  thought. "Vol is French for flight, de translates to from in many languages. Mort translates to death. Are you  running from death, dear? I recommend Edgar Allan Poe's Masquerade of the Red Death. That Prince tried to run, he didn't get much farther then the seventh room,  the black room of the west." I spoke in a menacing tone, making Tom Riddle tremble. "My advice to you, do not get in my bad side. I promise you I'm not all rainbows and sunshine. I can do things that make you look like a kitten in comparison. And honey bun, I don't make threats, I  make promises." Glaring at him, I went back to my place, throwing my cloak over my shoulders. A small feeling of satisfaction filled me as I saw the fear I had enraged in him had left him shaking like a left. "Note to self: never piss off a pregnant person. Severus, I feel sorry for you." He spoke, his voice shaking slightly. "Why, my Lord?" My father questioned, confusion clear in his voice. Once more I walked forward, calling a reply to my father. "Daddy, he means he pities you for the fact that I'm your kid." I spoke in an amused southern tone, chuckling slightly. "My mother had it worse, Tom. I lived with her for almost 14 years. I had gone to her over summers since I was 11. When i had turned eleven, I had to come and meet my infamous dungeon bat of a father I had heard so much about." I said as I stopped near my husband. "Darling, let's go. Standing all this time has taken its toll on me."  I spoke smoothly, taking Draco's hand and tugging my Veela mate along with me.

It was not until we were ten rooms down the half that he said any words to me. "That was pretty funny, Maria. I think we all enjoyed the show you provided, Mi Amor." His smooth voice reached my ears. I smiled at the use of the Spanish and replied in a similar fashion. "Of course, Mi Amor, I live to entertain you." I giggled and with a bounce in my step, I bolted up the master stairs to my husband's and my room with merry shouts of "Catch me if you can!"