Chapter 11: Pain

I am soooooooo sorry I haven't updated!! I hope you enjoy this chapter! And thanks a million for the 3k+ reads!

~Lee's POV~

As we made our way towards the destination I marked on the map, a strange feeling in my gut kept getting deeper.

After around 5 minutes of running, we finally reached the location. We hopped down from the tree we were on as I pulled behind leaves of a bush.

"There," I pointed as the familiar (f/c) ooze was still lying in the same exact spot as I had found it.

"What is that?" Sakura asked herself, taking a step closer to the liquid.

But before she could take another step further, the substance began to dissipate. I backed up, letting the bushes and bramble to hide the ooze.

"Wh-What was that?" Hinata questioned, now twiddling with her fingers with anxiety.

"I don't know! But I don't like it!" Naruto replied with a growl. "As soon as I find that jerk I'm gonna punch him so hard that his teeth rattle!" He shouted.

Soon, he hopped up into the nearest tree. "If your coming, follow me! I'm heading towards those footprints!"

He then took of sprinting, tree to tree. Us three followed him close behind. "Naruto! Slow down! You're gonna get us caught!" Sakura yelled, trying to keep up.

"Well, if we move fast enough, then they won't catch us!" He retorted, still not turning around.

"Agreed," I added, nodding my head. "I believe it is better if we pursuit with speed,"

They all nodded and kept moving forward. I could literally feel the suspense and determination filling the atmosphere.

~Your POV~

I screamed.

Unimaginable pain coursed through my veins. A light surrounded my body and filled the room, blinding me.

As the pain started to fade, the light went with it. But as it fully left, I felt my body go numb. My scars opening up and red liquid flowing down my arms and legs.

I fell to the ground, lying on my side. The wretched taste of iron aligned my mouth as it dripped from the corners of my lips.

I let out a small cough and wheeze. It was faint, but I heard the creak of a door opening, eyes droopy, I mustered up all of my will power not to black out.

"Still alive, hm?" A hiss questioned, flashing a grin. "And yet I still don't have what's rightfully mine..! I think there's a problem here... Do you know what it it?" He teased.

"It's.... not.... yours..." I growled, throat burning from the use of my vocal cords.

"Oh? Is that right?" Smile still not leaving his pale face, he walked over to me. "Incorrect. Try again!" He shouted, extending his leg and kicking me into the wall.

As my back came into contact with the solid piece of concrete, I felt my spine snap; but when I hit the floor with a thud, I heard a crack coming from my left arm.

"It seems you've broken a few bones..! I'll leave you here to rest," he smirked, turning away and exiting the door.

"And you're not leaving until I have that Dōbutsu,"

Those were his final words as he slammed the door behind him. I heard the click of the metal lock as I curled up into a ball.

Tears streamed down my face as both hopelessness and anger filled my thoughts. "I won't... let you have... it..." I muttered, eyesight dimming.