chapter 14

"To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves."   -Federico Garcia Lorca, Blood Wedding and Yerma

****WARNING!!!! This chapter has a mature content! read at your own risk! for 18 years old and above!****

CARINA'S P.O.V.

"If you want, we can go out again tomorrow. I will be out of the office after lunch. We can go to Champs Elysées if you want. The arc de triomphe was also a must visit here" Gian said while his eyes were concentrating on the road.

"I'll see about it. Our business meeting was over today and normally we don't have anything scheduled tomorrow. I don't know. I will talk to my boss first" Upon saying the word 'boss', my heart became erratic and his face appeared in my head.

"I think he likes you" I glanced at Gian questioningly and he shrugged his shoulder.

"I could see it in his eyes you know" I kept quiet and turned my head to watch the scenery outside.

"I don't like him nor his attitude when we met at GQ" My heart tightened at what he said.

"How could you say that to him? You just met him yesterday" I was surprised of my reaction, I defended him. Gian just shrugged his shoulders again and didn't say anything after that. When we reached the house of the Novells, Gian quickly got out of the car and opened the passenger door for me. I thanked him and was about go when he held my hand and pulled me into his embrace.

"Cari, please think about what I've said. I hope you will consider to be mine" My body stiffened. I could feel his feelings but for some reason, my heart was not responding the same way.

"Good night Gian" I said and pulled away from his embrace.

****

The house was already quiet when I entered. Everybody must be asleep by now except the guards who opened the gate for me. I quickly went to the guess room which I was currently occupying. I heaved a sigh and leaned back on the door upon closing it. I couldn't believe Gian was in love with me. My head suddenly hurt and my chest became heavy of the thought of hurting him. He was really a nice guy and if I would be in love with someone, I wanted it with a guy like him.

I went towards the closet and searched for something to wear then I went to the bathroom to take a quick half bath. I needed to shower to relax my body. After showering, I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I was about to go to bed when I heard a knock on my door. Who was that knocking at this hour?

I went towards the door and opened it, just to be surprised at who it was. Him, the person who's been occupying my mind for hours.

"S-Sir?" I stuttered a little and I saw him clenched his jaw at what I've just said.

"Sir? Fuck! Don't play games with me Carina!" I swallowed hard at his reaction. I looked at him carefully and I noticed something different, he was drunk.

"It's already past midnight. Can we talk tomorrow? You're drunk" I was about to close the door when he quickly stepped inside. He closed the door behind him and faced me. We just stood there staring at each other for a few seconds before I found my voice.

"This is insane! What do you want from me?!" I said angrily, half whispering. He was about to answer me when we heard my phone rang. We both looked at it and my eyes widened when I saw who it was. It was Gian. His contact picture was on the screen. I was about to get it and answer when I felt his hand on my wrist.

"Did you enjoy his company that much that you already want to talk to him again?" his voice was rough and I felt my heart thumped wildly in my chest.