chapter 16

Before summer festival 

     Now today is  the day of the Summer🌞 festival and Rory couldn't wait to go to it with Jess. He was in for a surprise because he has never been to one because he hates going to things that the town has. He hates big crowds and most of the people here in town. Rory has to keep in line and make sure that his attitude towards people don't suck. Lane was gonna meet them after work to attend the festival as well. They were hoping everything was gonna go well for it. Rory was hoping to get out of this friday night dinner to go to the festival early. That would be nice. When her mom came down to the kitchen she went to talk to her to see what will go on.

Rory- Could you please see if we could get out of this dinner today with the grandparents because I don't wanna be missing out on the fun of the festival today. 

Lorelai- I can see what I can do. Not gonna promise anything.

Rory- tell them how much this would me to me if we go to this because I love the summer🌞 festival. Lots of fun.

Lorelai- I'll let you know soon as possible.

Rory- ok, I'm gonna go now, so I can get to the  diner before work.

Lorelai- Talk to you when I get done talking to the grandparents.

Rory left the house🏠 and went straight to the diner. She was gonna be going to work soon after she arrives there. 

      When rory got to the diner Jess was getting her some coffee☕, so she didn't have to wait for him to get it for her. She was at the counter to talk to him for a minute before she headed over to the bookstore to start working. 

Jess- Hey, here is your coffee☕.

( he handed the coffee☕ over to her )

Rory- Thanks. Just hoping my mom will get me out of this friday night dinner tonight, so we can go to the festival soon as I get off work,

Jess- I will be ready whenever you can go. that would be nice if you didn't have to go, yet. 

Rory- yes, it would be. I will let you know what's going on soon as my mom knows something. 

Jess- ok

Soon as they got done Rory went to the bookstore to start her day.

    Lorelai was at the inn and she was thinking about a way to approach this call about getting out of dinner tonight. She doesn't wanna go either, but they agreed to do this dinner thing for Rory's education through school🏤. She picked up the phone📱 and called her mother. She was dreading it considering they never get along that well. When the phone📱 rang at her mother's house🏠 Emily answered it.

Emily- Hello, Gilmore house🏠.

Lorelai-Hi, mom. 

Emily- What do I owe this call?

Lorelai- Well, mom I was calling because today is our town's annual summer🌞 festival and everyone is expecting us to be there.  I was wondering if Rory and I could get out of dinner tonight to go?

Emily- Well, does Rory have plans to go with that boyfriend Jess she is with?

Lorelai- Yes, mom. Plus,  with her friend Lane as well. 

Emily- Did you have plans to go, too?

Lorelai- Yes, I do.

Emily- Well, I'll let her go to the festival, but you have an obligation to fill here before you can go to the festial. Be here at 5 pm and we will have dinner here early,  so you can go before it's over.