Ballora x Male!Reader// What is Death?

Non-romantic, more like friends. Also, if you're not a dude just change your name/looks to something that suits the part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) hid in the corner of Ballora Gallery not moving. He was a coward and he knew it, but there was no way he was going to die to an animatronic. This stupid job wasn't really worth it, but it was the only job he could find, and he hadn't payed his rent this month. If his parents hadn't kicked him out so early, then maybe he would have been able to get a real job and even a house.

His teeth were chattering, due to how cold it was down in the dungeon like building, and little did he know it was giving him away. "Is someone there?" A soft voice called into the darkness. (Y/N) squeaked and then slammed a hand to his mouth. He had just broken the number one rule: Stay quiet in Ballora Gallery.

All was silent for a second, until (Y/N) was grabbed by the shoulders, forcefully pulled up off the floor, and slammed back into the wall. He screamed and used his torch to flash the robot in her eyes, only to remember she was blind. "Dammit! Stupid useless light!" Ballora grabbed his throat.

"Wait!" (Y/N) cried, "I'll help you out of here, just don't kill me!" The ballerina stopped choking him. "I recognize your voice. Who are you?" She asked slowly placing him on the floor. (Y/N) had to look up at her since she was taller than him. "(Y-Y/N) (L/N), and you're Ballora, correct?" He asked.

Her head slowly nodded, "Yes that is correct, but tell me, why did you scream? And why were you hiding?" (Y/N) blushed, "Oh well, you see I don't really want to die, and you scared me." Ballora tilted her head. Her mechanisms buzzing slightly, "Do I frighten you?" Her voice sounding truly innocent. He nodded. "Excuse me for asking, but what is a die?" Ballora asked. (Y/N)'s eyes widened. Did she really not know what dying was? "Um....well, for a human it's like going to sleep and never waking up. Ever. But I guess for a robot, like you, it would be like shutting down and not being able to turn back on."

Ballora seemed to gasp, "That's terrible. Why would you think you could die here?" (Y/N) shook his head, "When you were choking me, it felt like you were going to kill me. You cut off my air supply, and I need that to not die." The ballerina bent down to his level. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you in that situation, forgive me."

(Y/N) scratched the back of his neck, "Its okay," his pulse was back to normal. Ballora put a hand on his shoulder, "My friends are planning to hurt you human. They want to take you to the "scooper"," she shuttered. "If they succeed, you will die. I want you to leave, and never come back. Please stay away, I don't want anyone else hurt." She led (Y/N) to the exit vent. He dropped down to his knees, but before he crawled through Ballora spoke, "Wait!" He stopped and twisted his head around to look at her. She tilted her head, "I must ask. Are you still frightened of me?"

(Y/N) shook his head, "You seem like a nice person-er, robot. I see why children love you so much." The ballerina seemed satisfied with his answer. (Y/N) crawled through the metal vent shaft. He was met with the Handy unit telling to continue on with his nightly duties, but he ignored it and crawled through the entry way vent, and on through to the elevator. He looked back before pressing the surface button, "Thank you Ballora. I hope to see you again one day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~end~~~~