Chapter One

I've been going to this new school for at least a week now, and only now have I noticed the boy in the back of the classroom. He's hard to notice, but once you spot him, you find that your eyes will never leave him. That's what's been happening to me. Every single glance over at me makes me jump or shiver in my boots. I'm not scared. Just highly intrigued.

I asked the teacher about him. She looked a bit confused as I pointed to him. "The boy that is supposed to sit there, is Anthony."

"Supposed to..?" I said to myself. I subsided the odd fact of the teacher acting as if he wasn't there.

I sit two rows directly ahead of him. Now that I know he exists, I can feel his eyes on my back from time to time. It scared me at first, the thought of being looked at, but then I eased into it.

He really is hard to notice. He dresses dark but not entirely. When he yawns, and his braces reflect the suns light. But my favorite of all are his eyes. A deep blue-green. They're indescribably beautiful. I feel if I began to describe them, I'll get lost in my words along the way. His jet black hair sometimes swing down into his face from under his hood when he shifts his head to peer out the window, only intensifying the vivid color of his eyes.

Today, he wasn't here. Usually, he's leaning back in his chair, arms folded, looking out of the window. But today, I didn't see him there in the back of the classroom. It wasn't such a big deal, I mean, everyone has their sick days. Today just happened to be his. But for two months, I've had the feeling of his eyes on my back. The one day he's gone, everything feels off. I couldn't shake the feeling. I couldn't focus, all I thought of was where he could be.

Soon, first class passed by. I watched as everyone packed their things and quickly left. I packed my things slowly. Walking out, while still shoving my books into my bag, I bumped into someone. I half expected my fast to collide with the floor. Instead, Anthony stood above me, a green late slip in his left hand and my upper arm in his right hand. He had caught me before I had a chance to hit the floor. He then yanked me upwards, setting me firmly on my feet.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I've never heard his voice before. And I never expected to hear him speak for the first time directly to me.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine! I just wasn't looking at where I was going..." I trailed off.

"That's fine, I'll be seeing you later then." A light smirk tugged at his lips as he walked by, heading into our first class to give the late not to the teacher.

As I stood there collecting myself, he popped his head back out. "You'd better start heading to your next class, bells about to ring." His smirk grew as I ran down the hall. I shouted back a thank you as I turned the corner, a stupid grin painted on my face as I ran.