Food Fights & Little Things

When we entered the cabin, everything was much calmer than Erwin and I both expected. All of the boys were getting dressed like they were supposed to and Marco was, surprisingly, calm and collected. I walked up to him, wanting to show my thanks.

"Hey man, you did a great job with this. Thank you so much." I said, giving him a small smile.

"It's no problem, it actually felt kinda nice being in your position." He said, becoming flustered.

"Oh, and how is Erwin? Is his nose broken?" Marco asked, concerned about him.

"Erwin is fine, he didn't break his nose, but it'll be very sore for the next few days." I said, looking back at Erwin, who was fooling around with some of the younger kids. I smiled at the sight.

I looked down at my watch, only to see that we had fifteen minutes until we were supposed to eat, and the trip to the cafeteria was twenty minutes away.

"Shit. Okay everyone, let's find our buddies and line up outside!" I yelled to the cabin, not wanting to get a penalty for being late. (Yes, summer camps do weird shit like this.)

Everyone followed my orders, swiftly finding their buddies and lining up with them outside. Once it seemed like everyone was there, I gave them the all clear to head to the cafeteria.

"I'll take the front." Erwin said, suddenly appearing beside me. He gave me a smile and lightly touched my hand as he walked away.

Erwin led our cabin towards the cafeteria as I took the back of the line, walking slowly, trying to recollect the events that just played out. He didn't know how much that small touch on my hand meant to me, but it was something I found very meaningful. Once my mind had caught up with my actions, I hurried up to the rest of our group and awaited a nice, big breakfast.

— — —

With a bit of running, we arrived at the cafeteria on time and got to go straight in to eat. We grabbed out trays and piled it up with some of the most delicious food you'll ever eat, to be completely honest. Each cabin had an assigned table, so we sat down there, taking our time.

Since I was last in our line, I was the last to take a seat and eat. I looked for Erwin, but couldn't find him anywhere, which was weird since he was probably the tallest person at camp. I had finally decided to sit by some random kids in our cabin until I heard his name being called by teenage girls.

"Erwin, Erwin!" I heard a familiar voice scream.

I turned around to see Erwin surrounded by four girls from our high school, one being someone I hated more than anything in the entire world (except Erwin for a while) :
Annie Leonhart.

I threw my tray down on the table I was closest to and walked up to the group of girls surrounding him.

"When did you decide to show up here, Erwin?" Annie asked, twirling her hair, acting like she always does.

I decided to barge in.

"Excuse me ladies, we have a short time for breakfast, and I think Erwin here would like to eat." I said, putting my hand on his back.

"Shut up, Ackerman. We were talking to him." Annie said, knowing how to really piss me off.

"He's right, girls. I need to eat because we have a lot of things to do today. It was nice seeing you though." Erwin said, smiling.