o9

"We're back!" Harley sung as her and Sam walked through the motel door

"We're back!" Harley sung as her and Sam walked through the motel door. "And we have info!"

"Not wasting any time, are you?" Sam commented, taking in the supplies sprawled out along the small table. It was just about the biggest fire hazard Harley Quinn had ever seen in her life.

"None to waste." Travis shrugged. "The guy hulks out, we won't be finding bodies, just remains."

"Bleh. Why don't we talk about what happens if he doesn't hulk out." Harley grinned, proud of the information her and Sam had found. "Sammy and I did some diggin'".

"We've been checking out the lure on rougarous." Sam nodded.

"What, my 30 years of experience not good enough for you?" Travis retorted.

"What? No-no I just wanted to be prepared. Not that you didn't, uh." Sam laughed nervously.

"Sam love research. He really does." Dean bumped in before glancing over at the only girl in the room. "And apparently Harley over here does now, too. But really, he keeps it under his mattress right next to his K-Y. It's a sickness. It is."

"Look," Sam cleared his throat. "Everything you said checked out, of course."

"But we found some stories about people who have the rougarou gene or whatever." Harley added on, toying with the lighter in front of her.

Sam picked up where she left off while Dean looked between the two, eyebrows furrowed. "See, they start to turn, but they never take the final step."

"Really?" Dean piped up.

"If they never eat human flesh, the don't fully transform." Sam concluded.

"So they go vegan, stay human." Dean commented.

"Yeah, uh, basically." The youngest Winchester nodded, a confused look on his face. "Or in this case, eat a lot of raw meat, just not-"

"Long pig!" Harley exclaimed, slapping her hand to the table.

"Right." Sam chuckled.

"Good on you for the due diligence, Sam. You too, Harley. But those are fairy tales." Travis sighed. "Fact is, every rougarou I ever saw or heard of took that bite."

"Okay, but that doesn't mean that Jack will." Sam said slowly, standing up.

"So what are we supposed to do? Sit and hope and wait for a body count?" Travis spoke in a sarcastic manner that made Harley want to connect her fist to the smirk on his mouth. She stood beside Dean, arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

"No." She spat. "We talk to him, explain what's happening. That way he can fight it."

Travis laughed the girl. "Fight it? Are you kiddin' me? You ever been really hungry? I mean haven't-eaten-in-days hungry?"