Braden's POV: Chapter 32 : Mr Heartbreaker (book one)

Почніть із самого початку

Doctor Hamilton nods. ''Ms Warren, do you know what happened to you?''

''I've been drugged apparently?'' she says, looking at me again.

Doctor Hamilton nods again. ''Yes, you have. You've been drugged with a Rohypnol, also known as a rape drug,'' she explains. Hearing these same words again raises the temper inside me. ''Don't worry, you were lucky that you had a friend with you who immediately called for a help. We've also run tests and they came out clean, meaning nothing happened to you while you've been unconscious.''

Rory stares blankly at the doctor's face. I think she finds this hard to process, which is completely normal.

''The police will come in later to ask you some questions. Nothing big, but they are looking out for the one who did it. I suggest you get some rest now,'' the doctor says, looking pointedly at me.

I straighten my mouth at her. ''I'm not leaving,'' I say, squeezing Rory's hand harder.

Doctor Hamilton only shakes her head at me in desperation and walks out. Rory turns her head to look at me and I smile tightly at her, forcing it for her. I brush her hair back, speaking softly, ''Are you feeling okay?''

She nods her head. ''Just shocked. I mean, why would anyone want to drug me? And with a rape drug?'' she asks, her voice shaking.

That's a million dollar question I've been trying to solve the whole night. Hopefully, it isn't because there's someone after her and tries to hurt her. My body gets tense at the thought. ''I don't know, but you can be sure I'm going to find out. And when I do ...'' I shake my head, not finishing that sentence.

''Do my parents know?'' She's almost afraid to ask.

''No. Lily called me straight away and I came to the club then drove you straight to the hospital. I called Brooke a few hours ago just to inform her what happened. She freaked out, but I managed to calm her down once I knew for sure everything was fine with you. And Lily had to go home when it was confirmed you're okay.'' I put my forehead on our joined hands, breathing hard. ''God, Rory, do you even know what could've happened tonight? I ... I can't ...'' I take a deep breath. ''Apart from the obvious, you could also die.''

My body starts shaking at the thought. It seems like everything is tearing apart inside of me at just thinking about this. To see her cold, still body laying somewhere after being ... no. No. No!

Rory puts her hand on my head and softly goes through my hair, rubbing me gently, soothing me. It helps. She always manages to calm me down with a touch.

''I'm here, Braden, nothing happened to me,'' she says gently, kissing the top of my head. I lift my head up and search her lips for a deep kiss, full of meaning.

She's the one calming me down and soothing me when it should be the other way around. She's proving it yet again how much stronger she is than she gives herself credit.

I'm calmer after that kiss. I don't say anything. I take my shoes off and slip next to her on the bed, wrapping myself around her and squeezing her to my body. It makes me feel so much better to hold her in my arms where I can feel her hot flesh on mine and feel her heart beating against me. I also know she needs a comfort, but she's stubborn enough not to ask for it.

''You know you don't have to stay with me, right?'' she asks me, but she doesn't want to let me go.

I place a kiss on her neck. ''I'm not going anywhere, baby.''

***

Rory is good to go home the next day. I never left the hospital and I told her I'm going to take her home and take care of her. She's going to need a lot of rest and I don't want to leave her alone in a state like this.