Chapter Nine

Colton woke up to an empty king size bed and a full night sleep. It was the first night in weeks he had slept for more than three hours. He looked over at his phone and saw three missed calls from Macy and three missed calls from Gabriella. It probably wouldn't look good if he had all of those missed calls on his phone from the two women Kayla thought he had cheated on her with. He grabbed his phone and deleted the notifications for the missed calls and got out of bed. He went to the workout room in his house and spent two hours in there before walking back to have a shower.

Kayla had gone out for a run earlier in the morning and decided to run the opposite way of Clay's house so she didn't have to see him after their awkward date. She hadn't spoken or seen him since that night and was quite happy about it since she had no idea what to say to him. She was, however, happy about Colton's reaction to it and the fact that she finally got him to admit that he does not want to be with anyone other than her. When she came back she walked up to the bathroom in her bedroom and took her clothes off while jumping into the shower.

The large shower in the middle of their bathroom had two doors, one on each side. When Kayla jumped in she had no idea Colton was jumping in at the exact same time.

"Jesus Colton!" Kayla said jumping as she turned around. "You walk around making no noise at all and scare the shit out of me!" She had her hand on her heart and Colton turned around and began laughing.

"Where have I seen this before?" he smiled jokingly as he leaned over brushing her skin and turned the shower on. Water came squirting out of all of the faucets and Kayla jumped again. "You look so uncomfortable in here, do you want me to wait outside for you?" He looked at her with those eyes that made her melt and her body loosened up. She smiled and grabbed her shampoo and began washing her hair.

"Are we going to have that talk today that was interrupted by Katie?" Kayla asked turning around to look at Colton who was rubbing shampoo into his hair.

"Can we have a silent shower? I don't want to talk about it in here," he said walking closer to her so he could stand underneath the shower and wash the soap out of his hair. Kayla stood there and watched him and out of habit rubbed the shampoo out of his face and helped him wash it out of his hair. He let his arms fall and Kayla continued to wash it out of his hair. "Is it all out?"

"Yeah," she answered lowering her arms. He rubbed his eyes and took a few steps back to let her have some of the water. Kayla turned and put her shampoo in her hands and rubbed it into her hair and when she turned around Colton helped her by rubbing more shampoo into her hair. It was a rare moment of comfortable silence and intimacy between them. Kayla washed it out with the help of Colton and he reached around her to grab the body wash. When he reached around he noticed a black mark on the left side of her body on her hip. He grabbed her hip and turned her body so he could see it better. It was six small birds flying on her hip with the words family underneath it right where her pants would rest on her hip.

"Where the hell did you get this!" he exclaimed surprised she would get a tattoo. Kayla tried to pull her hip away and tried to push him off but he wouldn't let go. He was in awe that she would be the first one of them to get a tattoo. "What does it mean?"

"Uh, well, you know six birds for the six of us and family for family obviously. It was a moment of weakness when I got it, when I went back to Vegas with Finley and Molly when we were going through that really bad time," she said feeling a little embarrassed. Colton was still standing there in shock. He was just so surprised that she would get one when she was so against Charlotte getting one.

"Well it looks good and I really like it," Colton said smiling finally letting go of her hip and letting her stand normally. She smiled sheepishly and sighed in relief; she hated not telling him that she had the tattoo. "But you do realize that now that you have one, Charlotte will want one." Kayla rolled her eyes and went back to washing her body.