Drei

I woke up with a massive headache. It was bright. I found myself in a small white room, tied up. I couldn't move my arms nor my legs.

I realized that I was in a different set of clothes; my nurse uniform was replaced with a gown as white as the room. It was cold. I want to wrap my arms around myself yet I remembered I am not able to since I'm tied up.

"Get me out of here!" I tried to scream although this room is sound-proof.

Again. It's happening again.

I snuggled into myself, folding my body. I felt so small. I was in the verge of crying when I heard a clicking noise. My head snapped up.

"You're awake." A woman entered the room and she welcomed me with an icy smile. "I'm in great timing, as always."

I felt my blood boil in an instant. "Why am I here?! You were behind all of this weren't you?"

It was Faye. The woman who supposedly told Quantum all sorts of secrets about Echo Sanitarium.

The woman who probably exposed my identity to Q.

"Chill, girl." she remained unbothered and cool. She placed the tray of food on the floor and walked towards my bed. I then found her untying the ropes on my feet. "I am nothing but a friend to you both. I'm here to save you two."

Save us? What in the world is she talking about?

As I got free from the ties on my feet, I crawled up the bed to get some distance away from her.

"As far as I know, you should be thinking of saving yourself from me."

She smirked. "Well, well. It's rare to be talking to the real you. My timing's as best as ever."

The blood boiling within me just maxed and I was ready to explode. I was triggered. "WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!"

She crouched down to get the tray on the floor. She lifted the tray, revealing an object below it. She picked it up and showed me.

It was a folder. From afar, I saw piles of paper rimming its sides. I easily recognized the letters that were printed on the tab of the folder. She opened it and read its contents.

"Name, Kaylen Maria Costanza

"Name, Kaylen Maria Costanza. Age, 20. Date of Admission, January 27th, Year 1988. Diagnosed wi-"

"Stop!" I covered my ears. It was wrong to ask in the first place. What's gotten into me? The information is tattooed in mind, it won't be forgotten.

She smiled and continued. "Diagnosed with Multiple Identity Disorder. Case number one: Killed 11 people in one night. Details, denied to be the initiator, blamed somebody else but witnesses say otherwise. Case number two-"

"I said stop!" I screamed.

In a blink, the folder was shut and her eyes averted to me. "Do you know why you never mentioned your name to Q?"