Selfless Malfoy

I really couldn't believe that Draco was risking his life to save Fred. This was the last thing I had expected from him. I stared at the spot where I had last seen him for a long moment and then turned my attention back to Fred. My eyes widened in fear as I saw him just laying there. I pressed my hands down a bit firmer over his wound and he moaned. I sighed in relief bringing one of my hands to touch his face.

"Fred, how are you doing? Hanging in there?" I spoke lightly.

His eyes flickered feebly before they opened and he searched until he found me. He smiled when his eyes met mine and he took a rugged breath, wincing slightly. "I feel like a thousand galleons." He paused for a moment. "You know when we get out of here don't tell my mum about this"

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I wanted to believe he would make it out of here, that we all would but I was afraid to get my hopes up because where we stood things didn't look good.

"I promise I won't just promise me you won't leave me" I sobbed.

Fred reached his hand up and touched my lips pushing my frown into a weak smile before he wiped the tears from my eyes. "I promise, please just don't cry I can't stand seeing you sad."

I touched his hand where it rested on my face before I nodded my head and looked into his eyes. "Anything for you." I whispered.

It felt as the time passed so slowly while Draco was gone and I kept adding preassure to Freds wound to make sure he was still with me. Fred opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"Do you think he will make it?" Fred asked me.

What was I supposed to say to that? I wanted him to make it but I didn't want to lie and say I knew for a fact he would. I nodded my head to Fred.

"He has a purpose to try his hardest."

Fred took a deep breath and winced again before he chuckled. "I really can't believe he would risk his life for me."

"You saved his life, you pushed him to safety."

"Well  I didn't know what to do. I didn't want him to die."

"Now you know how he feels and why he would risk his life to save yours."

I felt like I missed something, some vital sense of reasoning as to why Fred would do this? I mean did he and Draco have a split second moment that brought them closer as friends. I mean they disliked one another so much we ended up in this place so what happened to bring them together.

A noise near the wall stole my attention and I looked up to see a tuft of blonde hair come into view. Suddenly Draco fell and landed in the water which turned crimson. Draco disappeared for a split second before he broke through the surface and took a deep breath. He moved as fast as he could to the shore where he collapsed beside Fred and myself.

Draco reached into his pocket and took out a berry. When he turned his back to me for a moment I gasped. There was blood drenching the back of his shirt. I pulled it up and winced as I saw a large chunch of skin missing.

"Draco your hurt?"

He pulled his shirt down and looked at me. "I'm fine" he lied. "Fred needs this berry" He said as he moved to hover over him before he began undoing the wrap on his arm.

"How many berries did you get?" I asked him.

"I had 3-"

Wait, Draco said 'had' that was past tense. "So how many do you have now?"

Draco was silent for a long moment before he spoke. "I have one, just one." Draco moved to squeeze the berry before I grabbed his hand.

"What are you doing?" I gasped.

"What does it look like I'm doing" Draco replied.

"It looks like you are killing yourself. There is only one berry."

He pulled his arm away from me. "If I don't do this Fred will die" he hissed.

"If you do this you will die."

Draco pushed me away and quickly broke the berry releasing the juice over his wound. The moment this happened Freds arm began glowing and the wound began to heal itself. Just as quickly Draco began shaking before he fell onto his back. I leaned over Draco, he looked right at me.

"Fred, tell him I'm sorry for everything I did to him."

I nodded my head and a sob slipped from me as I heard Draco's last breath slip raspily from his lips. Before it could finished he disappeared from the spot he was laying in. I looked over to Fred and his body was gone too. I was all alone, both my friends were gone and I was stuck in this place.

A warm sensation began began flowing through the veins of my arms. I held them up before my face and watched as my hands began dissolving along with the rest of my body. Suddenly I vanished into nothingness before I reappeared. There were children all around me dressed in their Hogwarts uniforms. Beside me was Draco and across from us was Crabbe and Goyle.

Draco turned to me and quickly hugged me. We both turned and looked behind us. Fred was watching us, a smile on his face. Before the wagon began moving I watched Fred mouth 'thank you' to Draco. Draco nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"We made it" I breathed.

"Yeah, I don't understand how?" Draco replied.

"You died to save your ex enemy. That was selfless."

If I hadn't have been there and seen it for my own eyes and Fred hadn't experienced it I don't think we would ever have believed that there was such thing as a selfless Malfoy. But as Draco sat beside me I knew that it had happened.

 ___________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE: So I think I will make this a short story sequel and start on the next book.

Genesis Gryffindor and the Magical Orb

http://www.wattpad.com/3219036-genesis-gryffindor-and-the-magical-orb?d=ud