Geneology

I looked into Freds eyes wondering what he was thinking. He held my gaze for 30 seconds before he sighed and let go of my arm. I just stared at him. I seriously couldn't believe that I had been this dim-witted when it came to how he felt about me. There were so many signs that even an eleven year old could notice. Then again I was smarter than the average eleven year old.

"Er I guess I'll see you later Fred" I said before I headed downstairs.

The moment I rounded the bottom of the stairs I took off at a run to Ginnys room throwing the door open. Ginny looked at me wierd when closed the door so fast I could have been trying to keep out a plague.

"What happened to you?"

"Fred... you were... he said..." I stuttered.

Ginny got up and crossed the room before slapping me across the face.

I grabbed my cheek and glared at her. "What was that for?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I thought you were going into hysterics. I see Fred and George do it to Ron all the time and it seems to work."

I rose my finger and pointed at her. "Don't ever try anything on me that Fred and George do to Ron okay?" She nodded her head.

Ginny pushed me towards her desk and I took a seat while she leaned against it. "So tell me, what happened?"

I took a deep breath. "I was walking upstairs and overheard your brothers talking. Fred said he loved me and then I fell trying to get back downstairs and they heard. Fred grabbed my arm as I tried to come downstairs and I think he wanted to kiss me but then he just let me go and walked back into his room."

"What have you done to my brother?"Ginny laughed. "I'm only kidding. George is the flirt Fred is more compassionate and shy when it comes to girls."

I sighed and leaned back into the chair. So Fred was the compassionate one. I still couldn't believe that out of the 500 female heads at school he picked me. I mean I wasn't into him like that. I wasn't even sure I liked anyone like that yet. I closed my eyes and suddenly a familiar male face swam before me, his grey eyes sparkled when he looked at me. My eyes snapped open and I looked at Ginny.

"I think I like Draco."

Ginny winced. "Malfoy?"

"Wait a minute how do you know Draco?"

"Well everyone knows them. Plus they are related." Ginny replied.

I nearly jumped out of my chair. "You and Draco are related?"

"Yes. All pure-bloods are related in some way or another.  My grandmother, is Cedrella Black, who was married to Septimus Weasley - my dads father, who in turn is the great aunt to Sirius Black. Sirius is cousins with Bellatrix and Narcissa who are Draco's aunt and mother."

"How in the bloody hell do you know all this?"

"I'm spend alot of time looking into my family tree. Its kind of cool you see-" Ginny pulled out a long piece of parchement and unrolled it before pointing to a red headed wizard by the name of Godric Gryffindor. "-We are related to Godric Gryffindor, I'm like his distant niece by blood so we couldn't inherit anything. He had a sister who was also a witch but more less known and she got married to one of my distant grandparents Leviticus Weasley. "

Wow was this really happening? Did I just hear Ginny say that we are practically related, and that Draco and I were somehow related too?

"I'm just trying to find out what direction to go at with his immeadiate decendents. They disappeared without a magical trace. I just need one hit and then the rest of the tree will finish itself."

I looked at Ginny and then to the paper. "I'm the missing link" I murmered.

Ginny didn't say a word but just wrote my name on the trunk of the tree and waited. Just like magic the words disappeared and a long branch formed with faces and names that represented my decendants. There was not one missing link which represented that witch or wizard had produced a muggle and the faces had full color which represented pure blood. After it was finished I was staring back up at a picture of myself and Ginny was staring at me.

"This is wonderful" She squeeled before pausing. "Wait, your name is Gryffindor?" I nodded my head. "Oh of course, that is why Fred didn't tell me" Ginny said bringing her hand to her forehead.

"Why didn't he tell you?" I asked curiously.

"Because he likes giving me a hard time and he knew that I was close to finishing the family tree."

"So that means I can't like Draco or Fred?" I then asked.

Sure I didn't have feelings for Fred but I did Draco or atleast I thought so. But if we were related then we can't be together in the future.

"Technically all purebloods remain purebloods by marrying their cousins which is okay. And since we are like seventh cousins or something its completely okay." Boy was I confused. "Plus if you are a pureblood that means your mother has to be related to your father in some way, or is related to another ancient pureblood family."

"My mother is a decendant of Ravenclaw, her mothers maiden name before she married was Ravenclaw."

Ginny chuckled. "I should have known, Rowena's family and Godrics kept themselves pureblood by marrying members from one anothers family."

Wow she really was into this geneology thing. I still couldn't believe that I was related to them. Then again I never knew they were purebloods.