Chapter 11

Preparations, my entourage, my wedding venue. Who says weddings are all about happy endings? It has stresses too. I wish I could simply walk that aisle and say “I do” with no hassles at all. Anyways, this prep seems enjoyable because I am with Dong Sun. By the way, I am filing for my resignation at work. I will work as a freelance writer and contributor but I have to give up my Marketing position at the office. Dong Sun and I agreed on that. Due to their culture, I needed to serve and live with my in-laws after the wedding for quite some time.

“Have we agreed on that honey?” I asked Dong Sun.

“Yes. Wedding rites and reception venue will be at Fernbrook Gardens.” He answered me.

“All my female entourage and usherettes are complete you need to give me your male list. And the programme and the performers are all set, oh and by the way we have a duet number on that, what are we going to sing?” I ask him.

“Well think about that over. And yes, I already contacted my closest friends in Korea who will be included in our entourage.” He told me.

“Our souvenirs are all set, our theme is set, and our wardrobe is ok. Wow! We’re done.” I told him.

“That’s nice. But I think we are forgetting something…” Dong Sun told me.

“We do? Mwo?” I ask him.

“Honeymoon…” he told me.

“Oh my! Baby, nakalimutan ko na talaga. E stress na ko dito eh, may makukuha pa kaya tayong reservations niyan? I’m sorry baby…” I am worrisome again.

While he is driving the car, he reached for something in his coat’s pocket. Then he simply handed it over to me.

“O ano to?” I ask.

“Open and take a look…” he said.

When I did, it seems like my eyes is popping out, no exaggeration.

“Trip to Paris for our honeymoon?!” I might die in exasperation!

My fiancé simply smiled. He planned for this! But I don’t want getting pregnant right after the wedding! I wanted to learn how to do kimchi and I wanted to enjoy wearing my hanbok! This brat… but definitely this is the sweetest idea ever!

“Ba-kit di ka sa-li-ta diyan?” he ask me.

“Hindi pa nag-sisink in baby! Wooooo! We’re going to Paris!” I exclaimed.

He then smiled and drove all the way to wherever. Yes, you read it right! To wherever because I already forgot where we are going due to this sweet surprise! You see, who would not want to marry Dong Sun, right? He is the sweetest guy I have ever met in my entire life. Sometimes I ask God why he only made us met lately, he should have come to my life sooner. But I guess, that is the reward of having a waiting attitude. (Micah 7:7) He simply gives the best we deserve unexpectedly and surely for those who will only remain faithful to him.

Do you want to take a sneak peak at my wedding invites and see who make to out entourage? Well, today is your blessed day. Take a look at it and oh by the way, the motif is Korean inspired hanbok for ladies and Filipino barong Tagalog for men.

Hung Dong Sun and Sophie Sy

Cordially invites you to their Wedding

This 13th day of November 2011, 3 p.m.

At Fernbrook Gardens, Las Piñas

Witnesses:

Mr. Hung Pyo Jin                                                                          Mrs. Maybelline Mendoza