Chapter 5

Colette was sitting across from me at one of the tables. I was smoking a cigarette as I read through a magazine. I could see Colette watching me from my peripheral vision. At this point, I don't think Colette knew that Jax and I were married, or even together. "So," she began with her legs crossed. "I see a wedding band on your finger. Is your husband okay with this lifestyle?" Oh you have no idea.

"Yeah. The club is his family." I looked up with a polite smile.

Colette sat there with a thinking face as she looked off into the distance. She lightly chuckled before thinking again. "Are you married to anyone in the club?"

I put the magazine down, and crushed the cigarette into the ash tray. I quickly contemplated between the two answers I could give. It could be, 'Yes. I'm married to a club member.' Or I can say, 'No. It's bad for the club.' Either way, she'll be crazy to fuck with me.

"Yeah, I'm Jax's wife." I muttered. I could tell that Colette tried not to change her face, but it were her eyes that held the secrets.

"Oh, he didn't tell me. He just said he was having problems with his ex." What exactly is Colette implying. Why would Jax be telling her about Tara or Wendy?

I shot her an inquisitive look. Excuse me?"

Colette instantly stuck her hands up in defense. "Oh no, no." She defended. "I knew he was married by the looks of his ring. He was just really stressed when we first met."

Just then I breathed in and got a familiar sweet floral scent. I knew it was Colette's perfume. Everything seemed fishy to me. She knew Jax was married. Jax had her scent when he came home in the middle of the night. Jax told her about his problems with his ex.

"C'mon. We're closing shop. I'll take you back to the house, Colette." One of Barosky's men walked into the cafe and held out his hand for Colette.

"I'll see you around then, Alex." Colette winked. She strutted out of the cafe and I followed out to my bike to wait for Jax and the club to come back.

_______________________________

"Where's Colette?" Jax asked when he got off his bike.

"Barosky's guys came in and closed shop. Took Colette back to her place." I muttered with a slight irritation. I buckled helmet onto my head. "I'll see you later." With that, I left everyone there on the sidewalk.

I drove back to the clubhouse to relieve Gemma of her duties on watching Keegan for the day.

I pulled into TM and saw Tara leaving. We made eye contact, but the second she looked at me, she looked away.

I parked my bike and met with Gemma, who was holding Keegan. I smiled at the sight and got off my bike. "Where's Jax?" Gemma asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Last time I saw him he was in Stockton. I left to see Keegan." Gemma handed Keegan to me and looked at me in a questioning way.

"So," she began. "Where were you?"

I scoffed. "I met this Colette whore."

Gemma led me into the office and closed the door. "Tell me about it."

"A few days ago, Jax came home at 3:30 in the morning. He smelled different. Like a floral, sweet scent." I began. I held Keegan on my knee and lightly bounced her. "I was told to keep on eye on this Colette, she had the same scent, Gemma."

Gemma sighed, annoyed. "This isn't the first Jax has been with another woman, you know that. Hell, you were the other woman at one point."

"Gemm—"

"Now, I'm not saying that what he's doing is right, because it isn't." Gemma sat next to me on the couch, and wrapped and arm around me. "You are Alexandra Winston Teller. You are the strongest woman that I know. You know you can destroy this Colette. You know this lifestyle, and you have to mark your territory, let the others know who and what's yours."

I laid my head on her shoulder. "It's hard Gemma. I feel like he's pushing me away and out. Ever since Tara was arrested, he hasn't been the same. I can't help but feel as if he has unknown feelings for her."

"Then you put Tara and Colette in their places." I stood up and looked at her.

"Can you drive me home? I'll get my bike tomorrow." Gemma nodded and we walked out of the office together and to her Caddy.

_______________________________
7:34 A.M.
Jax and Alex's house

I woke up, and started to get out of bed to get feed Keegan. Just then, Jax grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down to the bed. "I'll feed her." Jax groggily whispered.

I nodded and laid back down. Jax stood up, and walked out of the bedroom in his grey sweatpants. I had my eyes closed for a few minuets before hearing a bike pull up and a few knocks on the door.

I groaned and got up and trudged down the hallway. I saw Jax and Tig talking. "I have to go. I'll fill you in later." Jax nodded. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bottle of formula.

"Good morning." Tig piped in.

"It is." I tiredly yawned.

I quietly tiptoed into the nursery and saw Keegan happily laying there with her eyes wide open. I picked her up and held the nipple of the bottle to her mouth.

"Hey, before I leave, I wanted to talk to you." Jax popped his head in the room and walked in.

I didn't look at him. "About?"

"Yesterday." He began. "You left so quick, what's going on?"

I scoffed. "Jax, there isn't a real marriage if there isn't any communication. Ever since Tara was arrested, you've been shutting me out."

Jax sat down in the recliner. "What do you mean?"

"Like a few days ago. You came home at 3:30 in the morning, Jax. That's never been you." I finally looked at him. "I know you Jax. You've always been the one to find someone else to love you when you can't find it. You did it to Tara, and why shouldn't I think you're doing it to me? You smelled like Colette when you came home late."

Jax sat there gawking at me. "I'm not cheating on you, Alex." He whispered.

"Whatever. I need sometime to myself. Go do whatever you need to do today. I'll stay here." I seethed.