1- Dear Diary

Skye

Tuesday, March 2, 11:26 PM

Dear diary

Well, I've never done this before so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I guess I'll start with me. My name is Skye Winters, I'm a 16-year-old American high-schooler and I am definitely the biggest nerd in the school, I'm in probably 100 fandoms and life is, ok, I guess.

Except, I always feel as if there is something... Missing. Another person. Since I am such an unpopular nerdy looking freak, according to every single girl- and probably guy too, don't know because none of them ever actually talk to me- at my school. I guess, I prefer that none of the guys talk to me. I mean, the only thing any girls say to me is how ugly and geeky I am.

I've said how other people think I look but I haven't actually said- written, what I actually look like. I have jet-black hair, olive-green eyes, I'm pale and have a little too many freckles than I'd prefer.

To be honest, I actually have no idea why I started writing in a diary but, here I am. School starts tomorrow and I'm going into Junior Year, with no friends. Great. Who knows, maybe this year will finally be different. But I doubt it...

Anyway, I guess I should go organise for school tomorrow. Ugh. So, bye? I really have no idea what am I doing... Hopefully I'll get better at this? Maybe I won't even do it again?

- Skye

I slam my book shut and throw it on my pillow. I lay across my tiny single bed from when I was 5-years-old. I sigh, rubbing my eyes then running a hand through my hair.

Is this really me? Someone who pours their feelings into some book that any random person that finds it can just pick it up and read it with ease? Is that really me? Is that the Skye Winters I want to be?

Who knows. The thing I do know is that this year will be different. I know it. It has to be.
I turn my head to look at my digital alarm clock. Easily the most normal teenage looking thing in my whole life, let alone just my room.

11:30. I guess I can sleep now... Nothing better to do but read. No friends or family members to call or text that I actually care about, apart from my cousin that lives in England. She barely cares anyway.

I roll onto my bed properly, pick up my diary and dump it on the floor near me. I pull back the covers, reach over and turn off the lamp next to my clock. Probably the most childlike thing I own.

This year will be different. It has to be.

———

I wake up to the sound of my brother banging on my door.
"Ok, Blake. I'm awake."
"Well hurry up and get your ass out here or your going to be late for school! And I'm not waiting for you, so you'll have to drive yourself!"

What the hell is he talking about? It can't be THAT late. It's only- shit. I slept through my alarm. What a great start to the year Skye...

I rush out of bed to my closet. What the hell do I wear? Ok, Skye, find the least nerdy outfit possible. I pull out a plain white long sleeved shirt, skinny jeans and converse shoes. Good enough.

Glasses. I need my glasses. I quickly turn to back to my bedside table to see then sitting on my current book. I grab them but before putting them on, I look at them. When I wear them, they scream 'freak'. Black, box shaped frame, the stereotypical nerd. I sigh, do I really need my glasses? I grab my bag and slide them into the front pocket.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and open my bedroom door, to find Blake standing there.
"You ready?"
"Yep." I sigh and walk past him.

We walked downstairs to the front door.
"Bye mum!" He called out as we left.
Bye sweety! Have a good day!" Have a good day. As if.

Although, she wasn't talking to me. She said it to the angel child. The super ridiculously popular one with good grades. Not me, the ugly one with no friends and perfect grades because school work and reading are pretty much the most exciting things in her life.

No wonder he's the favourite.

I throw myself into the passenger seat, close the door and sigh. Blake starts the car and pulls out of the driveway. Silence. The entire trip. Every single day it's the same. The silence screaming at us. Used to be loud, till we got used to it. It was awkward for the first few months, but now it would be more awkward if there was actually noise apart from the car. We never even have the radio on, I normally just use my headphones.

My headphones...

The ones sitting on my desk. In my room. In my house. That I'm driving away from.
Shit.
I sigh and stare out the window.

Normally, people have a reason to get up and go to school in the morning. A best friend, a boyfriend, a crush. Not me. I mean, I used to. Not a boyfriend, as if that'd happen. But I had a best friend, and a crush.
My best friend and I were pretty much inseparable. Until I told her about my crush and she happened to like the same guy. She then told everyone in the whole damn school, including him, as well as a whole bunch of lies about me. She and the whole grade turned on me and I ended up having to change schools.

That was 4 years ago, and I haven't trusted anyone since.

We pull up at school and I run my hand through my hair. Blake stops the car and looks at me.
"Are you gonna get out, or are you just gonna sit there the whole day?"
I shrugged. "I'm contemplating those two options."
He shook his head and scoffed.

"Come on. Seeya after school."
"Seeya then." I mumbled as he walked away. "If I survive that long."

This year will be different...

---
Authors Note:
I hope you liked this chapter! It'll get better btw
I already have ideas... That's very rare for me.
Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share!

- Kayla
(1109 words)