Chapter Ten: Part One - Kian

Previous chapter recap:

            And this time I promise myself that whatever happens, I am not going to be the one to kiss this smug bastard first. The ball is in his court now, and if he wants to kiss me, he's going to have to make the first move.

Trouble is, I'm not sure I can keep that promise to myself either.

***

Isabelle is dying to kiss me. She has been all night.

Well. Maybe not so much when she licked my face, but our little moment on the way here? She was all but swooning.

My veins are buzzing with the thrum of the house music, my eyes rolling around the club and my group of friends. It's hard to focus on one thing for very long when I'm this drunk.

Maybe the whisky I was drinking at pre-drinks was too much. Or maybe it was the three Jagerbombs me, Henry and Mo have done since getting here.

Or maybe it's the way Isabelle is looking at me.

She's curvy, and maybe not my usual type, but right now, she's about the only thing I can focus on for longer than two seconds. In one hand she's holding a clutch bag by her side, and the other is up in the air, fingers splayed out and reaching for the sky. Her bracelets jangle up and down her arm as she bounces to the music, hips shimmying.

The club is packed tonight, and we're all a mess of sweaty, drunk bodies jumping to music half of us probably wouldn't enjoy sober, and it's great.

I look over at Isabelle again, and she tosses her hair over her shoulder, catching my eye as she does so. Her smile spreads into a grin, and she holds my gaze. Looks at my lips.

Then turns back to face the girls.

Is she doing this on purpose? Or does she genuinely have no idea how seductive she's being?

It's hard to tell. I've drunk too much.

"I'm gonna get another drink," I announce.

"Yeah, I'll come with," says Declan. He gives up trying to hook up with the girl he's dancing with, who doesn't seem that interested in him.

"Me too," says Isabelle.

Again – is she doing this on purpose?

The three of us fight our way through the throng to the bar that's against a wall, with me cutting a path for us. By the time I've pushed through to the bar, and turn around, there's only Isabelle.

"What happened to Declan?"

"He saw someone he knows." She has to shout back to be heard over the din. The DJ is playing the new DNCE song, and everyone's belting out the chorus. She grabs onto my arm as she hauls herself past a couple more people to get to the bar with me. She loosens her hold once she's standing by me, but doesn't let go.

Her makeup isn't looking so perfect now we've been drinking and dancing for a few hours, leaving a line around one side of her jaw. Her eyeliner is smudged under her eyes, and her hair is kind of messy, too.

I'm just thinking about how glad I am that I'm wearing a dark t-shirt, so you can't see how much I've been sweating in here.

"What's your poison?"

Her face lights up with a mischievous smile. "Tequila?"

"Tequila," I repeat, smiling back.

"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor!" she chants, and bursts into giggles. I'm laughing too, and her fingers twitch around my arm.

We're chatting while we wait to get served, talking about the club, the people, our friends. Several songs pass, and we still haven't been asked our order.

Isabelle must get fed up, because she suddenly huffs, leans past me until she's practically half-lying on the bar, and waves to the bartender. "Hey! Down here! Please! Pretty please!"

I tug her back, laughing. "You think that's gonna work?"

She has to wriggle her dress back up over her boobs; it's slid down a bit, showing off a purple bra. Lacy.

Racy.

Hot.

I swallow.

She doesn't notice. She shoots me another smile, and it's only a couple more minutes before one of the bartenders finally asks me what I want.

"Two tequilas."

As the rhyme goes: one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor

This chapter comes to you in two parts! It turned out to be pretty long so to keep you on tenterhooks for a week, I've decided to post the second half of the chapter next week, and you'll get Chapter Eleven the week after that (so basically, a chapter a week for the next couple of weeks). 

What do you guys think? How's the night going to go for Kian and Isabelle? (And more importantly - who do you think will cave and kiss the other one first?)

(Also on a personal note, I've recently started vlogging on YouTube! I'm mostly vlogging about writing advice so if you'd like to check that out, please do in the external link, or just search me on YouTube as 'Beth Reekles'.)

Until next week... xo

 xo