Chapter 6B

"Are you serious?!" Julia shouted at me.

"I'm so jealous!!" Rebecca joined in.

I had ended up telling the girls about Alex and I since we decided to really give it a try. We were currently at my apartment. I had invited them over for a glass of wine before Alex and I went on our date tonight and I had just told them what he had in store for us.

"I dont get it, the guys are good friends with the band, why didn't they ask them for 8 tickets to their show before it sold out so we could all go?!" Hannah said to me.

"Sorry girls, I guess Alex and I are the only lucky ones that get to see blink 182 tonight" I said with a grin. I felt bad that they wouldn't be seeing them in concert as well, but I was overjoyed when Alex told me he got tickets for us.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was getting closer to 7:00, Alex was going to pick me up soon. So I kindly shooed my friends out of my apartment, not before I made sure that they all thought my outfit was perfect.

I was immensely excited for tonight. I can't believe that Alex and I are going to see blink 182! We've bonded over our love of that band since the day we met all these years ago, so it should be a great night of singing along to our favorite band.

Just as my clock hit 7:04, Alex let himself into my apartment. "Sorry I'm a few minutes late, there's traffic so we might be caught in it on the way to the show" he said as he walked up to me, then pecked my cheek. "You look stunning!"

I smiled and tried to hide the blush on my cheeks. I wasn't exactly dressed up, but I guess he liked my black jeans and blink 182 tank top. "Thanks Alex, you know, you're the one who got me this shirt. A few years back for my 23rd birthday, and you yelled the lyrics to What's My Age Again in my face."

He laughed and I joined in, "I had forgotten about that...anyways, shall we?" He held out his arm for me to link my hand around and guided us outside.

The drive to the show, although slow because of traffic, was anything but awkward this time around. We played all of blink's songs on shuffle in the car and sang along to them, getting even more excited for the concert. One of my favorite blink songs of all time, The Rock Show, eventually came on and I blasted the music. The cars that were slowly driving along next to us gave Alex and I strange and annoyed looks, but we were having too much fun to turn the music down.

"Cause I fell in love with the girl at the rock show, she said what and I told her that I didn't know!" I sang as loud as I could. Alex laughing as I screamed the words at him while he air-drummed along.

He gave me a glance as the traffic caused us to stop completely. It was weird, he just turned his head towards me and gave me a smile, staring at me. But there was a different vibe felt this time. It was like...desire?

"What?" I asked as I momentarily stopped singing and dancing in my seat. Staring at him, a grin wide as could be.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know" then laughed to himself, slowly accelerating as the cars began moving again.

------------------------

"These seats are amazing! How did you manage to get these for a sold out show?" I asked Alex, surprised at the good seats we had for the show. We were about 10 rows from the stage, so really close!

"I have my ways" he said confidently, "and by that I mean that Mark Hoppus had these seats reserved for a few friends of his, but they couldn't make it out. So he offered me the pair."

"This is definitely going to be one of the best shows" I was overjoyed and anticipating the moment where the lights go down and they come out on stage.