Crowning our Winner

Happy Friday!!

First off, before we announced the winner, a final hello to you all. The contestants, our readers, fans, and fellow judges. Thank you for sticking with all through these past few weeks as we search for our cycle two next rising star.

After weeks and weeks of competition, multiple tasks and entries, we're finally here; the final round.

TimeWillHealYou, and ohsnapitsemily, are you guys, ready? 

One of you has been crowned the winner, and the other a runner-up.

After we all deliberated over the scores, we decided to leave the title to the person who scored the highest combined total thus far (all the grades from the past rounds + this past round), like we did in the past cycle. 

But, before we crown the winner, a quick reminder of the prizes waiting for the Top 2 (has been changed since the format of the contest was changed).

~Winner~

A dedication from each of the four judges in one of their stories.

A permanent spot on the contest account's 'About Me' section as a past winner.

A shoutout from all four judges to their fans about the winner and their new novel (the contest book you'd written).

Experience

~Runner-Up~

A dedication on two of the judges' stories(two dedications).

A shout out from the contest page to all our fans about your new story (the contest book you'd written).

Experience

So, in a way, you're both winners! You should both be proud for making it this far! 

Prizes will be given out throughout the weekend! 

Now, there's nothing to do except crown the winner.

After weeks of competition, taking the title, Wattys Next Rising star, with a total score of 152 out of 190, is...

TimeWillHealYou!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are our second winner! Congratulations on your impressive feat! You have amazing potential as a writer, and we can't to see how you grow as a writer after this! Good luck, and we hope you have an outstanding career in writing! 

That, of course, means that with 143/190 points, ohsnapitsemily is our runner-up! Your entries were such a joy to read! Each week, you got better and better, and we couldn't be more proud to see you improve! Congratulations and best of luck to you!

And that's it! We, Vico, Angel, Nickey, and Evie, wish you all our best.

***

1st: TimeWillHealYou: 31/40 + 24/30 + 32.5/40 + 34/40 + 30.5/40 = 152/190.

2nd: ohsnapitsemily: 28/40 +  23/30 + 29/40 + 33/40 + 30/40 = 143/190.

***

Wattpad's Next Rising Star©