I began telling her everything about Stormy. About how her mate is the leader of the Blood Moon Pack and how we both could live a better life if we went there.

She looked at me with wide eyes, "You want to leave?" She whispered. I nodded and looked over my shoulder, I felt my brothers gaze on us. He was watching out every move. I leaned in closer toward Gemma and kissed her, "Soon my love" I whispered.

"Very soon." 

The next day, my brother called me into his office. I sat across from him and spoke carefully, "What's up Mark?" He glared at me, not breaking eye contact. He stared at me for what seemed like hours before I broke the silence, "Dude, seriously, What is going on?"

He leaned back in his chair, "What makes you think you can just leave? After everything I've done for you, you think you can just leave? You're my brother, My right hand, and you still wanna leave?" I was taken back by his words. The look of disbelief on his face was disorienting. I scoffed, "Everything you've done for me?! When the hell have you ever done anything for anyone except yourself? You think keeping everyone here like like caged animals is good for them? Well you're wrong, your people, OUR people deserve better!"

He frowned at me and shook his head, "Not this again, I'm doing everything to keep my people safe. Our sister is missing and I'm doing everything in my power to save her." I laughed and began pacing around the room. I've been holding my tongue for so long. Hearing all the lies that my brother filled my head with was making my blood boil. He's done nothing to protect any of our people. He's a tyrant that would do anything to keep his subjects in line. 

"Why did you bring me back here?" I asked quietly. His faced remained stern as he stood from his chair and approached me, "Because I need your help. You're friends with the Beta of the Blood Moon Pack right? All I need is for you to confirm that Storm is there and we will go get her and bring her home. If you do that for me, I'll let Gemma go and you both can leave and be happy."

I backed away from him, "You're blackmailing me?! You're unbelievable!" 

He grabbed my shoulders and forced me back into the chair. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and sighed, "Don't make me do this." I heard footprints approaching and Gemma stumbled in with two guys I've never met before holding her arms. One of the men pulled a gun from his waist and put it against her head. I struggled to get out of the chair as Mark held me down. He was stronger than I was, I've always been weaker than he has. Even when we were younger.

"LET HER GO!" I screamed. Mark chuckled and grabbed my face; facing it away from Gemma, He faced me to him and smiled, "You have only two choices here little brother, You either help me or I'll kill her. It's simple." I could hear Gemma whimper and quietly praying. I closed my eyes and mind-linked her, "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise Gemma."  

I heard her whimper again as I opened my eyes. Mark hadn't taken his eyes off of me for a single second. I could see the excitement in his eyes as he stared at me. He looked at me like this was some sort of game to him. "Tick-Tock little bro, will you help me or am I gonna have her brains splattered all over my brand new carpet? The choice is yours." I growled and spit in face. He immediately frowned and wiped his face, "I'm gonna count to three, then I'm gonna kill her."

I looked at Gemma and saw tears falling from her eyes, "One." Mark smiled.

"Two.." I saw the gunman load the gun and place it on her forehead. Gemma sobbed loudly and began praying louder.

"WAIT! OKAY I'LL HELP YOU!" I exclaimed.

Mark let me go and the gunman put his gun back into his waist. I ran to Gemma and held her to me as tight as I could. She sobbed and squeezed me, "Please don't leave me." she said.

I reassured her as I continued to hold her. Mark cleared his throat, "I'm glad you made the right decision. Well, it's time for you to get going, It's a long drive to the border. You will call me when you can confirm that she is there." 

He pulled Gemma out of my arms and pushed me out of the office, "Grab your shit and go. Gemma stays here until you call me. You have 2 weeks." 

I looked at Gemma and smiled softly, "I'll be back, I promise." I ran out of the front door, shifted into my wolf form and I quickly took off into the woods. 

"Please come back to me." Gemma mind-linked to me.

"I will, I promise."