Chapter 3 - Ghost Stories

Start from the beginning

“Aw, are you scared?” Sehun teases, his lips barely curving up in the corners. “It’s okay, we’ll protect you.”

“I’m not scared!” I pout, folding my arms across my chest.

“Liar,” Luhan replies with a sly smile. “Your pupils dilated.”

“You can tell I’m lying by looking at my eyes?” I stare at him.

Sehun nods instead. “And your pulse quickened.”

“How could you tell?” I ask. “You weren’t touching me. How could you tell if you weren’t touching one of my pulse points?”

“Um…” Sehun blinks.

“Aniya, we’re here,” Luhan says quickly.

I turn around. There are girls across the courtyard. I blink and nudge Sehun. “Are they waiting for you two?”

“Luhan oppa! Over here!”

“Sehunnie, you’re my prince!”

“Lulu oppa!”

I snicker. I guess that answers my question. “Good luck getting through this crowd, guys. What are you, idols?”

Luhan blushes. “This happens almost every morning…”

“Move out of the way!” Sehun says loudly, glaring at some of the girls. The noise of the crowd falls away, and complete silence settles in. Sehun holds his grim stare for another minute before the chatter starts again.

“Sehun-ah is so cool!”

Sehun groans, hitting his forehead with his palm. “Aigoo…”

“Good luck, guys,” I laugh, waving to them and starting to weave through the crowd.

“Don’t you dare ditch us!” Luhan shouts, grabbing onto my arm. “We need your help!”

“What?” I can see the wheels turning in the twins’ minds.

“Just play along,” Sehun murmurs. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and starts to walk.

I can hear the whispers take a different tone. “Who is that girl?”

“Why is she with the princes?”

“Is she their cousin?”

“There’s no way that’s Sehunnie’s girlfriend…”

My face turns bright red. “Sehun!”

“I said just play along!” He hisses.

“Yah, Sehun-ah,” Luhan says. “Don’t think you get to hog our Ae-ni all to yourself!” As he loops his arm around my waist, I feel my face grow even warmer.

“You two owe me,” I mutter to them. I can’t stop blushing.

“Bubble teas on me?” Luhan says with a smile.

“That definitely doesn’t cover it!”

“Ramen on Sehun?”

“Yah!” Sehun snaps.

“What’s all this commotion?” A teacher pushes her way through the girls. Her eyes fall on the three of us. “You three! Get ahold of yourselves! Public displays of affection are not permitted.” She whirls on the rest of the girls. “All of you, go to your classes! The bell has already rung.”

There is a collective moan, and the sea of students is parted. I shove the twins away and hide my face with my sleeve. I’m sure I’m as red as a cherry.

“Ramen after school?” Luhan says.

“It’s a date,” Sehun finishes with a wink.

I glare at them both. “Yah!

Luhan sits down at his desk. Again, Sehun looks out the window, completely focused on something else. Luhan taps his shoulder, but his brother doesn’t answer. Luhan rolls his eyes and leans his chin on Sehun’s shoulder, trying to see what he was seeing.

His eyes widen. “You’re watching Ae-ni?”

“I can’t help it,” Sehun muses. “Her reaction to our little scheme was funny. She wouldn’t stop blushing.”

“You almost gave us away,” Luhan says, his eyes narrowing. “Telling her that her pulse accelerated…”

“Well, it did.”

Luhan rolls his eyes. “Fine, Sehun.”

“Why did you say that I would pay for the ramen?” Sehun argues.

“Because I already offered to buy bubble tea for her.”

“Luhan, do you have a problem with your twin?”

Luhan looks up to see his teacher tapping his foot. Luhan bows apologetically. “No, sir. Sehun and I don’t have any problems.”

“Lucky you. Do you have a problem with your seat?”

“No, sir.”

“Then please take it.”

“Yes, sir.” As Luhan sits down, he glances at Sehun and chuckles. His twin’s eyes are once again fixed at the window.

Spend Forever with MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara