Chapter 2

'Wendy!' Someone yelled. I looked back to see Peter. Oh peter he was so adorable. He was wearing a green polo shirt, grey jeans and murky green sneakers. I watched as he ran towards me, a wide grin on his face.

'Peter?' I wearily said 'whats going on?"

'Okay so i woke up this morning and i realised something' He said in a cheery voice.

'You realised something?' I replied

'Yes, i did' he said becoming more serious. He grabbed ahold of both of my hand as he continued. 'Wendy, i lo-'

I woke up to the sound of thumping on my door. I quickly checked the time to see it was 2pm.

Already?

"Come in" i said sitting up and rubbing my eyes. My mother emerged in a blue sundress, her brown hair up high in a perfect bun.

"A young Lad was at the door, he says that his names Peter and he lives across the street" i nodded as she continued, "i told him you would come by a little later, but isn't it funny?" I didn't know what she had meant.

"What's funny mother?" I asked and she just giggled like a little girl.

"His names Peter, your name is Wendy, you have two younger brothers John and Michael, oh gosh it's so ironic how close your names are to the old tale about Peter Pan" Oh god is this what Peter found 'amusing' yesterday? Well it's only our names that sound like that, i mean our lives are nothing like that. He's not a little boy and i'm not a little girl.

"Wendy are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost" Mother starts cracking up laughing making me blush.

"Mother!" I huff, "this is nothing like that old little Disney Tale, my last name isn't even Darling" i start to get up and so does mother "now if you'll excuse me i must go ask Peter what he wanted to see me for" i say heading out my door.

"Behave Wendy Darlin'" she Chuckles, making me walk faster.

Gosh, i hope she gets over this soon.

I make my way down the stair only to be greeted by John. He looked tired but that was normal for John, he was always up late reading or writing or doing whatever 14 yr old boys do.

"If you're going over to the Riley's house, please tell Michael to be home before dinner" He mumbles rubbing his eyes and shuffling away. Why was Michael over there?

I nodded even though he was already gone, and made my way over to Peters house. Based on what John had said Peters last name must be Riley.

Peter Riley. Cute.

"Hi Wendy" Peters cheery voice greeted. Me being me, i was too caught up in my daydream to notice i was already here. So as you probably would have realised...

He startled me. And i fell. On my butt.

He kinda just stared at me for a little while, then he cracked up laughing.

"Omg i'm sorry but that was really funny" he held out a hand for me to take and i accepted. I dusted off my shorts and looked down.

"It's alright, i'm a little clumsy" i admitted, strands of hair fell upon my face, keeping my blush hidden. He just laughed.

"Wait, are you blushing?" He asked me. I shook my head indicating no.

"Yes you are" he stated and then he did something i wasn't expecting. He tilted my chin up and pushed my hair out of my face.

His face was really close.

His eyes sparkled up close. It was like i could see stars in his eyes. We kind of just stared at each other for a while.

I thought we were about to kiss, until i saw a smirk form upon his lips. "Told you" he backed away laughing "you are blushing!" He had just ruined my hopes of getting my first kiss. But who was i kidding? I had only just met the boy yesterday. Come to think of it, i don't know anything about him. So why was i expecting a kiss from him?

Silly Me