Chapter 27: Baseball

Start from the beginning

"Katnis, Bella...you have visitors." Charlie's voice sounded from downstairs.

Katnis and Bella shared a look before getting up and making their way out of her, Katnis, room and down the stairs. "Cullen, Emmett. What are you two doing here?" Katnis questioned with raised brows.

"It's four." Edward said, his gaze on Katnis as she and Bella descend the staircase.

"Already?" Bella gasped.

"Yep. Are you two ready?" Emmett boomed, startling Bella and Charlie with his loud voice.

Katnis chuckles. "Definitely."

"So, what exactly are you all going to be doing today?" Charlie asked, sizing up both Edward and Emmett with a small glare.

"We're just going to play baseball with our family, sir." Edward says, taking his gaze from Katnis and to her father.

"Baseball?" he questioned.

"Yes, sir!" Emmett boomed with a smile. "My girlfriend Rosalie, our sister Alice and our mother Esme will also be there as female support."

"Bella's gonna play baseball?" Charlie stifles an amused chuckle. "Well...good luck with that."

Katnis laughs out loud while Bella glares at her father. "I'm not that uncoordinated," she grumbles.

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

They were all now standing in the woods behind their house when Bella asked, "What are we doing here in the woods?"

"We don't need anyone seeing us take off, so..." Emmett says with a smirk.

"Take off? How are we getting there?"

Both Edward and Emmett lowered themselves so that the girls could climb onto their backs. "Climb on, spider monkeys." Emmett laughed.

Bella looks over at Katnis who's heading towards Edward,"Uh, why are we getting on their backs?" Bella asked confused.

Katnis turns to her sister. "They're fast. Like faster than a speeding car, faster than a bullet. We'll get there a lot faster if we go this way."

Bella glanced over at Emmett with a skeptical look and Katnis chuckles. "Why don't you climb onto Cullen's back and I'll climb onto Emmett here? I know Emmett looks...reckless but he's not." she says, turning to walk over to a smiling Emmett.

Edward tries not to frown but fails. He wanted Katnis to choose him. "Thank you," Bella whispers then walks over towards Edward. "I'm trusting you with my life, Edward Cullen." she says as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Edward stands up straight. "I know," he says.

He looks over to see Katnis smiling down at Emmett. "How fast are you, Em?" she asked.

"Very fast. I'm not as fast as Edward over there but I'm close," he states. "Why?" he asked, tilting his head back to meet her gaze while cupping both her thighs in his massive hands.

Edward did not like that. He knew Emmett loved Rosalie but he still hated that he was the one touching her and he hated that he was the one that would be wrapped in her scent instead of him.

"I want you to go as fast as you can. I'm a bit of a speed demon myself," she laughs.

"You got it boss." he laughs then looks over at Edward. "Ready?"

Edward nods. "Close your eyes, Bella." he says.

"Already closed." she says.

"Let's go!" Emmett boomed before taking off.