thirty; the blame game

Comenzar desde el principio

Scott grunts as he pushes a vending machine in front of the doors, "Will you just help me? The chairs, stack the chairs."

Stiles speaks up again trying to get their attention, "Guys-can we just wait a second? You guys, listen to me, can we wait a second? Guys? Stiles talking."

I roll my eyes heavily at the ignorance of them group before putting my fingers in my mouth and letting out a loud whistle, "Guys!"

All of them suddenly turn and look towards me and Stiles. I look to Stiles as well to see him starring at me with wide eyes, but then he snaps back to the people in front of us, "Okay, nice work. Really beautiful job, everyone. Now, what should we do about the 20 foot wall of windows?"

Allison's breathing accelerates before she turns to Scott and me, "Can somebody please explain to me what's going on, because I'm freaking out here. And I would like to know why," I turn to Scott and we both looking blankly at each other, unsure of what to say. After conditionally lying to my sister for years, I have finally found myself at a lost on what to say.

"Scott?"

Scott sighs heavily and moves over to the desk in front of us. I notice the torn look on his face as he tries to figure out the right thing to do. He makes eye contact with Stiles before Stiles diverts everyone's attention to himself.

"Somebody killed the janitor."

Lydia's eyes open with horror as she stares at Stiles, "What?!"

Stiles nods and looks over at the three of them, "Yeah, the janitor's dead."

Allison turns to me with fearful eyes and I hold back the guilt as I look at her. "What's he talking about? Is this a joke? Abby, talk to me."

Thankfully Jackson opens his mouth and speaks before I have to, "What, who killed him?"

Again the room is silent as we all wait for an answer. Although Stiles, Scott and I know who did it, it seemed pretty clear that we couldn't tell them. We have to come up with some type of believable lie.

Lydia's eyebrows draw together and she starts to shake her head lightly,  "No, no, no, no. This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion killed-"

Jackson annoyingly sighs and turns to her, "No, don't you get it? There wasn't a mountain lion."

"Who was it? What does he want?" I close my eyes at the sound of my sister's voice and turn away slightly. It seemed like the questions never stopped, not that I can blame them for wanting answers, but at the same time I just want to get out of here alive.

"What's happening? Scott!?"

Scott finally turns around to face the group and eyes are full to the brim with stress, "I-I don't know. I-I just know if we go out there, he's gonna kill us."

Lydia's voice raises a few octaves as she speaks, "Us? He's gonna kill us?"

"Who? Who is it?!"

I watch as Scott silently shakes his head as an idea forms, "It's Derek. It's Derek Hale."

I feel my eyes widen and I turn to look at Scott. My surprised expressions soon changes to anger as I glare at him, "What?!"

Jackson's eyes squint in confusion, "Derek killed the janitor?"

Allison looks once again between the three of us with uncertain eyes, "Are you sure?"

Scott nods his head slowly and looks almost relieved to have come with a plausable lie, but my anger only grew with each word he says, "I saw him."

"The mountain lion-" Lydia says confused, but Scott cuts her off.

"No, Derek killed them."

Allison looks horrified at the thought and questions it even further.  "All of them?"

I hold back anything to dispute the story Scott has come up with knowing that it has gone to far for me to change it. I just continue to stand back and glare at the boy in front of me. Derek may have been a rude and moody guy, but he didn't deserve this. Whether or not he's alive or gone, I am so not okay with this.

"Yeah, starting with his own sister."

I shake my head angrily and go to move forward, but Stiles's hand on my arm stops me. I turn to look back at him and he just shakes his head slowly knowing that if I said anything now, I would have to tell them truth.

"The bus driver?" Allison asks with a light voice as her eyes race around trying to make sense of the story she's being fed.

"And the guy in the video store. It's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us. And if we don't get out now, he's going to kill us too."

I feel the anger inside of me increase with every word, but I do my best to hold it back. Making sure that my sister gets out of this school still breathing is my main goal, but once I do all hell will break loose for Scott McCall.