Chapter One: What Just Happened?

Ashley's POV
That hug. There is something about that hug I can't really figure out. It felt different than the hugs we usually give each other when we win a game or something. Well, I guess I'll figure it all out on the bus back home.
Wait, Conor drove me here today.. Ah darn it.

I turned around and said: "Uhm Conor, you actually drove me here."

"Oh yeah right.. Glad all that awkwardness is behind us" he replied. "Let's go" Conor said and followed me to the car.

Conor's POV
I was just deep in my thoughts, processing this hug that just happened. I felt something.. different. Am I getting feelings for Ashley? I always saw her as just my best friend, but after tonight I feel like there's something more.

I was watching Ash walk away only to see her turn around again and snap me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm Conor, you actually drove me here." she said.

Of course, how could I forget that? Ugh, now I look like a total fool.

The only decent reply I could get out of my mouth was "Oh yeah, right. Glad all that awkwardness is behind us.. Let's go."

That awkwardness was definitely not behind us.

The car ride to her home was a little awkward at first, but then we started talking about some new games that were coming out and that kinda broke the tension.

We then continued our conversation like all that awkwardness earlier never happened. We even had a few good laughs about it actually. We had such a fun time in the car that we didn't realize that we'd arrived at Ashley's.

"Oh we're here already" I said.

"Oh yeah we are. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess" Ash smiled.

We got out of the car and I walked her to the front door.

"I had fun tonight, even though we had to witness Janice and Chad's extreme PDA" I said.

"Yeah, me too. If I had to experience something that horrifying with somebody, I'm glad it was with you" she replied laughing. I started laughing too.

"Well, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow. Good night Ash" I hugged her.

"Good night Conor. See you tomorrow"

She went into her house and closed the door. The whole ride back home I couldn't stop thinking about that hug and how Ashley made me feel that night. I think I am getting feelings for my best friend.
______________________
The next day - Friday

Ashley's POV
I was just putting my books in my locker when I saw the guys in what seemed a heated conversation.

"It's true, just ask Ashley!" Conor and Wendell told Franklin in unison. Franklin then rushed to my locker, followed by the other guys.

"Is it true that JANICE went on that date with Chad and it actually worked?" He asked in disbelief.

"Good morning Franklin, my day is great so far, thank you" I replied.
"Oh and yes it's true. 100%"

"Even worse, they bonded over Wendell" Conor added.

"What kind of world do we live in??" Franklin cried.

"I can't help it that I'm just THE BEST matchmaker ever" Wendell said.

"Oh please, you wouldn't even be able to match 2 dead fish if you tried" Franklin replied and walked away.

"Hey that is not true! Don't walk away from me Delgado!" Wendell said and followed him.

Conor's POV
"Weirdos" Ash and I said at the same time. We started laughing

"Hey did you make that history assignment that was due today?" She asked while we started walking to class.

"No who do you think I am, Franklin?" I said. She started laughing again.

She has such a cute laugh. Wait, did I really just think that?
We got to class and went to sit with Wendell and Franklin.

"Oh hey guys, this new game is getting delivered at my house today. Wanna come over, try it out after school?"

"I'm sorry sir, I can't. I have to go finish my homework for the rest of the year" Franklin said.

"I have to go catch a pant-eating pig" Wendell said.

"Okay then, well have fun doing your.... business" I said rather confused and then turned to Ashley
"Ash you're in right?"

"Absolutely! You just got yourself a player nr. 2!" She replied excited.
____________________________

That's the first chapter guys!
What do you think? Should I continue the story?
I'm new at this so please bear with me 😁😊
Feel free to comment what you think and / or like, feedback's always welcome!

Love, happyxdreamerx