Chapter 5

Skylar

After the tour, Ethan brought me back to my office.

He left after letting me know where his office was located. If I didn't find him there, he will be in his apartment.

I glance at the pile of papers.

Ugh! Time to work.

**

Few hours later, I twirl in my chair already finished with the paper work. I had skipped lunch to finish faster.

I lean back and massage my stomach as it growls in hunger. I check the time that reads six in the afternoon.

Time to eat and head home.

I clean up my desk before I walk outside.

"Skylar! Excuse me?" I turn around to see a woman holding up a cup of coffee in her hand.

I remember her. She is Ethan's temporarily secretary.

"Yes?" I question as her eyes shine with relief.

She walks towards me and adjusts her glasses.

Without any comment she hands me the cup of coffee.

What?

"Ethan wants to talk to you about the upcoming events. He is waiting for you at his apartment." She smiles at me.

Before I can ask her anything she walks or rather runs away.

What was her name again?

I look for his personal elevator at the end of the hall.

The familiar sound of the doors opening wakes me up from my daydreaming. I walk in and press his floor number. The doors soon open again and I slowly walk inside his apartment.

To my surprise, I am met with a half-naked Ethan.

He has on a pair of gray sweatpants. His perfectly broad shoulders and abs are on full display.

"Done checking me out?" I look up to see a wide smirk on his face.

I glare at him while placing the cup of coffee down on his desk.

"Did you request some coffee? Anyways, what did you want to discuss with me? Can't we schedule a meeting for another day, I need to head home." I don't wait for his reply and spin around ready to dash out; however, I'm stopped by a hand on my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" I try to pull away but it is useless. He presses his front side to my hip before letting me go.

"Home." I growl out. He stands in front of me with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Can you at least pass me my coffee before you leave?" I close my eyes and pray for some patience.

I angrily spin back around to grab the coffee. My hip smacks against the edge of the table and the coffee tumbles over. My body moves without thinking.

The hot coffee lands on my stomach and legs. I scream as the hot coffee bleeds through my thin blouse.

In seconds, I'm turned around. Ethan rips my shirt in half and throws it somewhere in the room.

He all but drags me to the bathroom.

He frantically grabs a towel from the hanger and wets it with cold water.

He places it on my stomach and I flinch at the coldness.

"Why are you so clumsy?" Ethan laughs for a bit but stops when I glare at him.