:|: Twenty-Four :|:

'Pass this on to ten people, or tonight will be your last. Tick! Tock! 3 am it's coming for you, you're dead!'

Talia took one last look at the stupid chain mail before deleting it. She'd received many over the years and deleted every single one of them. She wasn't dead, yet.

She felt a little uneasy when she went to bed that night, but she couldn't put her finger on why. Talia found herself checking under her bed and inside of her wardrobe; she didn't find anything except for her clothes hanging in neat rows. "Quit being stupid," she chastised herself.

Talia lay in bed for hours, unable to sleep the only noise coming from the tick, tock of her clock. Finally, she drifted off to sleep only to wake a short while later, wrapping her blanket round her shoulders she looked at her clock, 2.59 am.

That was when she saw It, in the shadows of the corner of her room, a glint of moonlight bounced off the silver blade it held in its hand. She had wanted to scream, but she couldn't. The clock said 3 am, and It had come for her.

The sound of the thing's breathing got closer until eventually she could feel the warm air on the back of her neck and the cold, sharp blade pressed into the soft skin of her throat.