Chapter Four

"Zoeey!"

I ignore Asher and continue walking, trying to get away as fast as I can.

"Zoeey," he says once he catches up to me, "can I have your number?"

I stop in my tracks and turn to him, "Why in the hell would I give my number to you?"

"Because of my charming personality and undeniable good looks?" He says flashing me his white smile.

"Oh, yeah, here let me give you my number your just too irresistible!" I say sarcastically.

"Well, how 'bout I take you on a date?"

"If I don't want to give you my number, why in the hell would I go on a date with you?"

"Okay let's make a bet then."

"What's the bet," I ask cautiously.

"You have to try out for the cheer team, if you don't make it I get your number," he says calmly.

"And if I do?"

"Then..." he pauses, thinking of something. "Then I will stop my flirting."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yup," he holds his hand out, "do we have a deal?"

"Deal," I say shacking his hand.

"Tryouts are after school," he says with a wink, walking away.

I shake my head smirking, this is too easy.

*******

After school, I walk to the football field where tryouts are being held, and see Asher and Jonah sitting on the bleachers watching. I walk up to the sign up sheets and right down my information and go sit down next to the group of 20 or so girls.

I see Elle and following close behind her, the Barbie bitches.  "Hello everyone, we are going to start tryouts with a little game called copy cat!" She says with a fake ass smile. "Now please line up and we'll start."

It takes us a good 5 minutes before Elle starts. She begins with simple cheer, which I pass easily, then moves to a small dance, another easy pass for me, and finally moves to tumbling. Elle does a round off back handspring into another,  ending with front flip, landing perfectly.

We all line up at one end of the field. When it's my turn, I look up at Asher, he has a knowing smirk. He thinks I can't do it! This is where all this years of gymnastics comes into use. I smirk back at him and blow a little kiss that only seems to piss Elle off bringing a bowl of joy. I line my self up, giving room for a running starts and do what Elle does but 100x better.

(The move Zooey does)

Everyone, and I mean everyone, stares at me with their mouths wide open. Asher looks dumbfounded along with Elle and her Barbie bitches.

******

By the end of tryouts I am completely bored out of my mind. I watch as Elle and her bitches discuss who's made the team.

"Alright everyone," elle says looking at us, "we have decided to welcome Zooey onto the team!"

I look at her and smirk, "no thanks!"

"What!?" She yells.

"Sorry, I don't want it."

"Then why you try out!" She looks at me with annoyance and hatred.

"Because that dumbass," I say pointing to Asher, "made a stupid bet, which I obviously won."

"But that's not far! I wouldn't have made the bet if I'd have known you can do that!" Asher complains like a little kid.

"Well know your facts before you make a stupid bet," I say flicking my hair over my shoulder and walking away. I might have swayed my hips for added affect. "Nice knowing' ya Asher!" I yell over my should.

I feel my heart breaking a little as I walk away. I'd rather deal with the heart break then die and let my parents down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short chapter but enjoy!!!