Chapter Two

Bang!

I wake up screaming, John comes rushing in, "What's wrong?"

I wipe my face with my hands and begin to cry. All that I can think of that man's face, my family dying, and why? Why my family? Why would someone do that?

"I know sweetie, I know," John whispers, while rocking me.

"Why?" Was all I could manage to say at this point.

"I don't know, I really don't, but what I do know is that nothing bad is ever going to happen to you. I can promise you that."

"I should be with them right now, I shouldn't be breathing. I want to be with them so badly," I'm able to mumble under my breathe.

"Don't say that! You're here now because you fought to survive. Your parents would be so proud of you."

"You think so?" I look up at John doubtfully.

"Absolutely!" He said, shocked I even asked. "You have an early day tomorrow get some sleep," with that, he left.

Falling asleep, I hear my dads voice whispering the same words he said when he died. 

****

The buzzer woke me, "DAMN IT!" I started hitting the button, "JOHN!"

John came into the room, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

My face is jammed into my pillow as I point to my alarm clock, "It won't shut the hell up!"

"Well guess what kiddo?" Finally turning my head to look at him, "it's your first day of school!"

"Ugh!" I threw my pillow at him.

All he did was chuckle, "Get your ass up!" He yells from down the hall.

****

"What's your name?"

"My name is Zooey Kelly, I'm from Salem Oregon. I moved here to get a fresh start after the death of my mother," this was the usual routine for all my new identities. "Anything else?"

"Just try to act normal okay?" John pleads, I just nod my head in return.

I went upstairs to go get dressed. While putting on my shirt, I caught a glimpse of my scar in the mirror. It was long,ugly, there from constant surgeries I had received during my time of healing. I covered it up with a tattoo hoping to hide it but I learned it reminds me of why I need to survive. Memories start rushing into my mind, but I push them back.

(The tattoo is an underboob)

Pulling down my shirt, I quickly finish getting dressed. I put my usual make up on, winged eyeliner, mascara, and a light pink lipstick.

I started to head out the door when John stopped me, "Not so fast."

"What do you want? I'm gonna be late to school," I say confused.