Tuesday, May 5

as soon as josh felt the phone vibrations in his pocket, he got his stuff packed up, looked at his applied math teacher, waved, and walked out. he didn't give a shit anymore and neither did the teacher. he looked at his phone to see three texts from michael, who, since he is no longer a student, has stayed at the hospital non stop for josh.
miku: you need to come right away
miku:it's not looking good
miku: hurry
josh:i'm on my way.

josh got to the seventh floor of the hospital as soon as he could. he was ready to cry at any second but he held it in, and he wasn't sure why either. he's stopped caring who's seen him cry.
michael saw him and said nothing, only grabbing his arm and bringing him to tyler's room. there were six doctors and nurses in the room, running around pressing things and touching tyler's chest and writing things down. josh could only watch in anticipation and confusion. tyler's eyes were half open, he wasn't talking or moving. he turned his head and looked josh in the eyes. his bpm was increasing, the annoying beep of the machine getting faster and faster as doctors and nurses started working faster and faster and josh's head started spinning faster and faster until the beeping was brought to a halt, a steady monotone sound of "the end". doctors pressed on his chest, counting to three and trying to revive tyler's unbeating heart.
one try
two tries
three tries
no revival.
josh's entire body went numb as hot tears flamed down his face. tyler's eyes were white and the doctor closed them with two fingers. the doctors and nurses sighed as they pulled a blank white sheet over his already seemingly cold, life-less body.

josh followed the same self inflicted fate three days later.

FIN