Sunday, May 3

josh's heart was beating out of his chest. he paced the hospital waiting room as tears unsuccessfully held back flowed onto his cheeks.
"josh," michael said as he tried to get him to sit down. "josh please, calm down."
"calm down?!" josh asked as he turned around, face red and hot and wet. he put his hands on the sides of his head and pulled on his hair. "i can't fucking calm down! he's been my boyfriend for three fucking days!"
two, cause he's probably not going to live, right?
"shut the fuck up," he said aloud to the voice in the back of his head. "shut up."
"i... i didn't say anything." michael said back, scared almost.
"no, michael," josh said as he sat down next to him. "i wasn't talking to you. i'm sorry. i'm a mess."
"you have every right to be."
"he has to be okay," josh said at almost a whisper, voice breaking. "this is awful, michael."
"i know-"
michael got interrupted by a doctor who walked into the waiting room. josh stood up and waited for him to say something. the doctor sighed and josh expected the worst.
"things are starting to get better," the doctor said, not meeting josh's eye. "but we don't know if we'll be able to get him to a stable condition." josh's heart sank. "we are trying our best."
"thank you doctor." josh said, tears beginning to return to josh's eyes as he sat down.