Arriving

Alyssa's POV
"We will be landing in half an hour, please buckle up your seats." I stretch out my body before buckling up again. I couldn't wait to get off of this plane. I open up my backpack to find my sheet of paper with the information about my host family.

FAMILY NAME: Lee
CHILDREN: 2
LOCATION: Cape Town
DURATION OF STAY: 5 months

As the plane starts to descend, I put my paper away and put my headphones back on, "Defying Gravity" starts playing, such an ironic song at this time
-------------------------------------------------------
As I walk off the plane I search for the family holding the paper with my name. As I search through the crowd of people I begin to panic, what if they don't like me? What if they want to send me back? What if they are rude? Finally I spot it "WELCOME HOME ALYSSA STERN" is written on a huge pink poster. Holding it is a tall blonde girl behind her an older looking woman and man. I start to walk towards them. The daughter recognizes me, drops the sign, and runs towards me, "OMG ALYSSA, HI! I'm your new sister Theodora! I'm so excited you are here!" She throws her arms around me and squeezes. I'm thrown off so I don't hug back at first, then tentatively I hug her back. The women and man walk forward and introduce themselves as Emily and Jonathan, my host parents.

As a new formed family we walk to get my luggage. As we are walking I realize something, the paper said 2 children. "Wait Emily, on my sheet of paper it says that you have another child, where is he or she?" I ask. 

"Oh Caspar, yeah he lives in London, he's a YouTube video maker, he is actually coming in next week to meet you and show you around! He told me that you have to be shown around by a proper teenager, I have no idea what he means!" She rambles on.

"Wait, is your son Caspar Lee? My best friend Alexis is obsessed with him! She watches all of his videos! She's literally his number one fan!" I think to myself, wait till she finds out. She will literally flip out.

We approach the luggage machine things and Jonathan kindly grabs them for me. We walk to the car and then begin the car ride home.

The entire car ride I stare out the window mesmerized. I look at all these new surroundings and I look to see how NYC is so different. "Alyssa, look to your left, that is our town square! We do a lot of our shopping over there!" Theodora explains.

We finally stop the car in front of a huge, beautiful, white house! I was in awe! Jonathan carried my bags in while Emily and Theodora showed me everything. Lastly they showed me my bedroom, it was a fairly large room, with a bathroom attached, a desk under the window, and a bed in the middle. The color scheme was the best part, light blue, white, and black. It was perfect for me.

"Well I will leave you in here to unpack and get it all set up how you want it! Dinner will be ready in 2 hours, Alyssa welcome again, we are so excited to have you here!" Emily explained.

"Do you want me to stay and help?!" Asked Theodora asked hopefully.

" I would love that Theodora! Thank you!"

"Please call me Theo"

Hey guys!! I know I hate authors notes too, but please read this. I promise to make it short!! If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know in the comments or message me!!! Thanks!!!

Liza💙